EE Fibre Broadband - Any Good?

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm looking to jump ship from VM as I've had enough of the poor service, the super hub 3 and not getting what I pay for... just want a solid connection!
I think even when the SH3 gets its eventual Firmware update there'll still be issues, as it's VM after all!

Has anyone had any experience of EE?
They look attractive as I'll get more mobile phone data, the support mobile-wise for me has always been good and they give you £50 for switching broadband providers.
I'll be looking to use a router with built in modem, likely a decent ASUS. Is it just plug and play?

Any help/insight would be awesome!

Thanks! :)

Soldato
I've been with them for almost 18 months after moving from Sky Fibre Pro - EE were cheaper and offered a very similar service.

On the whole, it's been great, rock steady speeds at all times, slightly faster than they initially mentioned but certainly not below the 40mb down they advertised at. Their support is horrible to get through to though, I'm having issues with speed just being awful this last few weeks so each time I call their support line, I've been on hold for 30 minutes minimum, and 50 minutes the first time I needed to speak to them.

I'd still recommend them for offering a solid, reliable internet connection, but their support lines need to be faster to speak to someone.

Permabanned
I considered switching to EE but not even the extra data can entice me. Instead I rang up my ISP and said EE offered me x and they reduced my bill no questions asked. Best ISP ever.

Soldato
Just to follow up, I've spoken to EE quite a few times over the past 2-3 weeks, minimum wait time on hold is about 29minutes. Shockingly bad. They're really helpful when they do answer but it's really frustrating to get through to them.

Service however is great, other than this time I've had rock solid stable internet with no slowdowns. If I get a good deal, I'll probably extend my contract with them and get the faster service.

Associate
Been with ee for years. Stable net speed for the most part. But takes ages if you need to get hold of them.
Changing to another provider as the prices was getting a bit steep

Associate
Been with EE since the freeserve days, including a house move which went flawlessly.
Rock steady connection. Cannot remember it ever dropping out. Always decent speeds.
I always manage to secure a satisfactory deal at the end of my contract. I have mobiles with them as well, so that helps me secure extra discount.
As a Sky customer, Sky keep nudging me to take their Fibre, but they cant get anywhere near for me when you take into account line rental, anytime calls etc.

Associate
My parents are with them and after selling them on the whole Fibre broadband package and promising 40mb/s a week later getting a call to say don't expect more than 20, then another week and told not to expect more than 10. They now get 3mb/s which is slower than the previous BT ADSL setup. Multiple calls including ridiculous waiting times to be told that this is better than the expected speed as they are too far from the exchange and it has to go through VDSL? Something that they promised wouldn't be an issue. Also had two periods of a month or more of no phone line or broadband as the BT engineers kept doing shoddy repairs on the line and EE could only 'escalate it' with BT. shockingly unstable, though I guess this is to be expected with the quality (or lack of) of the phone lines round there. Wifi drops out all the time and have to restart the router and for some reason it intermittently stops recognizing the powerline network adaptor so has to be restarted for that too. Not impressed!

Back
Top Bottom