Egg Damage

Soldato
A few weeks back someone chucked eggs at my car and van- unsure as to why.

Anyway, one egg hit my rear tailgate, where the egg has impacted it has sort of cracked the paint.

Is there any easy way to repair this?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
No, short of repainting. It's really annoying.

You could get some of that colour wax in stick form that you rub over the area, forcing it into the crazing. At least it will seal the holes and stop it getting any worse. Should hide most of it.

Soldato
OP
Having just spent a couple of hundred on getting some bodywork done I will ignore this little mark for now, I havn't tried T-Cut or anything on it yet.

Soldato
I got hit with this Summer 2005!

Still got the mark to on the bootlid and I still find bits of dried on yoke every now and then :(

With all the other problems with the bonnet (stone chips + a little rust on one of them) and some damage to the arches (carparks) I looking around for a decent bodyshop to take a look....

Soldato
OP
Well I just had about 5 panels resprayed on my car so I will have to ignore these little egg marks for now, probably wont ever bother sorting them tbh.

Soldato
OP
agw_01 said:
Oooo, how's it looking now Chris?

Any pictures? How much did it set you back for the work?
I have literally just finished polishing it up. I am pretty pleased to say the least!

The inside is VERY dusty so I am going to hoover it out in a sec. I also have to clean up my wheels.

I will then drive to some fancy place to take some pictures and stick them in my thread.

Hopefully, I will be buying some 4 spokes off of a certain Fantastic Mr. I may even try and source RSAP but estate rear bumpers are scarily hard to come by.

Back
Top Bottom