*****EGOSOFT TNBT (X Rebirth)****

Soldato
Egosoft have finally announced what TNBT is :eek: and guess what its a new x series game X Rebirth. New engine and new graphics and check out the complex in the vid its massive :D

Video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LabrDe4XJo0&feature=player_embedded

Publisher Deep Silver and developer Egosoft today announced the latest game set in the X Universe, set to transport the multi-award-winning series to another dimension with radically new game design and top notch graphics.

The space simulation X Rebirth heralds more than just an additional chapter within the X series, it is a fresh beginning bringing with it a number of gameplay innovations without compromising its successful origins.

In the distant future, the X universe faces a period of profound and irrevocable change. While the universe stumbles towards an uncertain future, countless adventures await as new enemies rise in search of power.

Enter a young adventurer and his unlikely female ally travelling in an old, battered ship with a glorious past - two people alone against the galaxy, playing a key part in the events to come.

The fate of the universe rests in the hands of the player...

X Rebirth represents a spectacular new beginning for the X series, offering loyal fans and newcomers alike a vast, vivid and extremely detailed universe to explore throughout the game.

Varied gameplay elements such as action-packed space combat, detailed trading mechanics and high-speed space exploration with fast travel allow players to experience a truly unique space saga that will keep them hooked for dozens of hours.

X Rebirth for PC is expected to be released in the fourth quarter of 2011.

Cant wait till this is out.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I hate to say it but if this game has even remotely the same depth and 'soul' as Elite and Frontier did I'll eat a pair of my own socks. The X series always had so much potential and ALWAYS put stupid mechanics in that utterly wrecked the game play. Why for the love of god do you have to fly close to a space station to 'discover' it in the future? What possible use is that to adding to immersion?

I really hope they get this right because they've muffed all the other ones and Frontier Developments seem incapable of producing the successor to Frontier.

...sorry... in my opinion...

You dont have to fly close to anything to discover it.

There are 3 ways to mark things on your map.

1) Have a ship within sensor range. (explorer software makes this easy)

2) Target the station, targeting distance is dependent on the size of the station some can be targeted while they are still a long way outside sensor range

3) Buy maps, just like in the real world you can buy a map of an area.

Soldato
OP
Some new screenies

x_rebirth_screen_009.jpg

x_rebirth_screen_008.jpg

x_rebirth_screen_007.jpg

Soldato
OP
Any news on release date?

This year last time i heard, wouldn't be surprised if it was pushed back to early next year though since i haven't heard much from it in a while.

Yes no news on a release date yet, although there have been some new screenies released recently.

Dam this game looks good.

http://www.egosoft.com/games/x_rebirth/screenshots/x_rebirth_screen_036.jpeg

http://www.egosoft.com/games/x_rebirth/screenshots/x_rebirth_screen_034.jpg

Soldato
OP
Cant believe i missed the news of a release date, but then i have been on holiday for the past 2 weeks.

This is going to be one epic game, cant wait.

Will have to put a pre-order in, i dont pay full price for many games but egosoft deserve every penny they get.

So lets get a check list going.

1) preorder game
2) dust off joystick
3) book week off from work
4) Sit back and go :eek: :cool: :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
1) preorder game
2) dust off joystick
3) book week off from work
4) Sit back and go
5) Await patches to fix buggy release

:)

Was really tempted to put fix buggy release in the list :D.

We all know there will be bugs on release, but we also know egosoft will fix them and keep supporting and adding to the game for years to come.

[edit]
Just remembered there is a step 0) fix pc as PSU died on Wednesday night, should have a new one arriving today.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
And we've had 64bit CPUs since what... P4? Bout time.

We have had 64bit cpu's since the AMD released the Athlon 64 back in 2003, 64bit didnt start appearing on p4's until 2004.

So that over 10 years and still most games are written for 32bit (dam consoles and their antiquated technology holding back PC's)

Back
Top Bottom