1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EIZO Flex Scan S2411W

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by sheilak5827, Jul 15, 2007.

1. sheilak5827

PermaBanned

Hi I am in a bit of a dilema, can I have your views on the EIZO Flex Scan S2411W and comparison's to dell 24' A04 and benq 24'WZ, what would you choose out of these 3 gorgeous screen's any help would me much appreciated. :eek: :confused:

2. Rofflay

Mobster

read up on them eizo is a renowed for quality and colour the benq i would choose last as there is a slight blurring and its preset far too bright imho.

for me it would be eizo vs dell hard choice i bet the eizo trounces it but u could always try both if u can afford p&P :)

3. Nullvoid

Wise Guy

I guess the only important question would be: Do you do the kind of demanding work on your PC that would justify buying the Eizo?

4. stickroad

PermaBanned

How much is this EIZO Flex Scan S2411W?

5. sheilak5827

PermaBanned

I have been offered an eizo 2411w Black Version for £450 off a friend new boxed, but was not sure if this would be a good investment and whether I should opt for another brand.

6. JamieL

Associate

I personally *haven't* seen the BenQ or the Dell in person I have however seen a friends 'EIZO Flex Scan S2411W' it looked excellent, deep black blacks, amazing colour, no backlight bleeding, etc.

He's a professional graphic designer and says that's the only monitor he has ever used that has come close/surpassed a good quality CRT in colour reproduction.

I don't know what you're going to be using it for but if you want colour accuracy going by what he has said I'd go for the EIZO especially at £450, he paid over £1,000 new.

7. Nullvoid

Wise Guy

The only objection to getting an Eizo would be the usually prohibitive price, but since that's not an issue in your case, I say go for it!

8. sheilak5827

PermaBanned

Thanks for the advice!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

9. BubbySoup

Mobster

Didn't you start a thread about this the other day? I'm sure I posted something about this same question.

Anyway, I own an Eizo S2410W, the older version of the screen you are looking to get. I also used to own a Dell 2407. The Eizo wins hands down, as it should of course demanding a much higher price. The most surprising fact about the 2 is that they both use the same panel, so it just goes to show the electronics driving the panel are just as important as the panel itself.

I can't comment on the Benq as I have never seen one.

At £450 there really isn't a decision to make :)

Look, I even dug out an old pic this time for you ;

[​IMG]

10. sheilak5827

PermaBanned

cheers!!