Eizo Foris FS2735 - 27", IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Blur Reduction, Freesync

Associate
OP
This is using the game panel as the Asus MG279Q.

Would be nice to have a few different panel options.

Yup, very likely the same panel.

The key differences here is a vendor blur reduction mode (which will excellent if it is anything like Turbo240 on the Foris FG2421), hopefully a better Freesync range and differences in the overdrive circuit / input lag of the scaler.

Let's hope they can also minimise IPS glow and backlight bleeding that plagued the Asus MG279Q.

Associate
OP
@Solz:
Hmm, that video gave a little too much emphasis on the "cloud" and mobile connectivity. Do gamers really crave for these features...? Got me less excited, tbh. Because when they're focusing on one aspect, they usually lose it on another. Alternatively, price premiums. Well, waiting for reviews and retail availability, I guess.

I concur with you on this - I don't like that focus either.

As a counter-argument though, they are introducing those features to the other existing Foris models in their range as a 'value added feature' so therefore it might not have be exclusively a huge area for this monitor alone.

Associate
OP
Was set on either the BenQ or the Asus but it looks like we could have a new contender, will have to wait for more Infoz and reviews

13333338.jpg

Associate
OP
I love Eizo blur reduction but 27 inch is huge i do not understand this craze when they could have put 1440p into 24 or so? I have a 24" Foris on the end of my desk it simply will not go out more than arms length and to be honest bigger means more waste.

My eyes cannot grasp everything unless you sit back but then it becomes a TV and not a monitor? That is a waste of 1440p and typical 100ish PPI. This will keep irritating me until 4K 144HZ but until then they could easily boost PPI my way. And going by phones and smaller Youtube videos it is a method that is very good.

Totally agree - I recently tried and returned an Asus MG279Q for that very reason - excellent monitor but too large.

24/25" is about my limit for normal desk use.

Associate
OP
Slight tangent, but The eizo foris 2421 was a total debacle. Somehow eizo seem to have a reputation for quality but from my own experience and many others of that model, it's not like that at all. I would hope that particular model was an odd blip, but it's tarnished their image for me.

I agree, I had this monitor for about a year and I found the colour accuracy was lacking - it was difficult to calibrate to my satisfaction.

I also found the gamma uniformity, viewing angles and input lag to be quite poor overall.

The 120hz and Turbo240 mode was very good in terms of motion clarity but it did have some crosstalk in the corners that detracted from the benefit it afforded.

Associate
OP
Apologies to necro my own thread but there are two very interesting Japanese news sites posting more information on this monitor (Google Translate required!):

http://m.game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20150918_721818.html

http://www.itmedia.co.jp/pcuser/spv/1509/19/news023.html

The former link has a snippet which is particularly interesting to me in my persuit of finding the perfect 24" monitor:

"Though it is 27 inches, 144Hz drive, response speed we have and aim the same level and 24 inches while unpublished."

...now unless something is lost in translation, are they intending on making a 144hz, 24", Freesync, IPS monitor of either 1080p or 1440p (just not announced yet)? :)

Associate
OP
I hate to burst everyone's bubble but Eizo have told me that as it stands at the moment they are not planning to Launch this model in the UK. I've asked them to reconsider and requested a review sample which is expected over the coming months. It will be available to order via Europe I believe unless Eizo change their stance on UK supply

Ouch - a major blow indeed; very disappointing indeed.

That's not to say that UK distributors won't import and te-sell them but that's going to impact the price for the worse.

Back
Top Bottom