EK 240 Predator cracked in 3 places, leaked.

Associate
Hi,

Had this less than a month, bought along with a 6800k and a Gigabyte x99 Gaming 5p.

Cracks have developed in 3 places, two on the block and one on the pump.

Have spent an hour drying components, too scared to put it back together. :(

It's leaked out into the CPU socket, on my GTX1080 and inside the top PCI-e slot.

20170208_203934.jpg

20170208_203943.jpg

20170208_210000.jpg

Who's liable here?

Soldato
holy crap that's bad. think I may seriously reconsider my upcoming build using EK tubing/fittings.

sorry can't help more than to say EK must be liable, it was their product that failed. though from what I've read on here there CS leaves a lot to be desired! good luck man

Soldato
Of course no.
Contact OCUK first to see how they can assist you. Also all EK Predators are now EOL and a new series will come out next few months.

Must say, I was lucky with my Predator 360 which is working without issue since January 2016, but that is really bad. :/

Associate
xbenjiiman;30484643 said:
Hi,

Had this less than a month, bought along with a 6800k and a Gigabyte x99 Gaming 5p.

Cracks have developed in 3 places, two on the block and one on the pump.

Have spent an hour drying components, too scared to put it back together. :(

It's leaked out into the CPU socket, on my GTX1080 and inside the top PCI-e slot.

20170208_203934.jpg

20170208_203943.jpg

20170208_210000.jpg

Who's liable here?

Sorry about that :(

Open a ticket on our website and we'll be able to help you out.

Link : https://www.ekwb.com/customer-care/

Soldato
At least your rig is still alive buddy could have been a lot worse.

Such a shame that we have had even a couple of these issues come through here. EK parts are usually excellently made. Im wondering if there is to much pressure being put onto the blocks (tightened to hard?) or are EK still using that great mount that only lets you screw so far?

Soldato
Yeah is certainly a strange one. Takes a lot of pressure to crack the acetyl like that. Especially as the acetyl is threaded and is not that difficult to strip.
Like the above comment, must only screw in so far and come to a dead stop inside, forcing the acetyl. Probably been overtightened.

Just developed or possibly missed during install? Either way EK are liable here.

EK always been top notch for me, shame seeing the problems with the predator units.

Associate
OP
harry5522;30491818 said:
At least your rig is still alive buddy could have been a lot worse.

Such a shame that we have had even a couple of these issues come through here. EK parts are usually excellently made. Im wondering if there is to much pressure being put onto the blocks (tightened to hard?) or are EK still using that great mount that only lets you screw so far?

Yeah, you can only screw it so far. They weren't actually tightened though as it did feel a bit tight anyway.

Even if it was overtightened, there's a crack in the pump too :confused:

Associate
xbenjiiman;30491602 said:
It's alive! Bought a cheap air cooler whilst OcUK sort out the RMA. Cleaned it out with some 99% and seems to have done a treat.

Not sure if I want another one :(

That's a relief regarding your hardware! I think you will be able to ask for a refund if you don't feel like having a replacement unit.

Associate
I personally went through 4 different units without successfully receiving one that did not leak, especially now they are EOL i would just jump ship.
Hi again Loxa. I just returned my own 360 because of pump failing. Terrible leak with the original and how my hardware escaped I do not know. Not willing to take a chance on another. Bought a h100i and put the stock cooler back on the gpu for the time being. Full loop next and hopefully won't have the same experience.

Associate
Hi again Loxa. I just returned my own 360 because of pump failing. Terrible leak with the original and how my hardware escaped I do not know. Not willing to take a chance on another. Bought a h100i and put the stock cooler back on the gpu for the time being. Full loop next and hopefully won't have the same experience.
Hey :). At least you have the peace of mind now knowing you don't have to keep checking for leaks, always loved corsair and they have always been reliable so you are in good hands. Wish you all the best with your custom loop endeavor.

Back
Top Bottom