EK bridge editions

Associate
Afternoon all. Waiting on my cpu loop gear to arrive which I will fit tomorrow.
As soon as I have it working and am confident I know what the hell I am doing I plan on adding my GPU (hd7970 reference) to the loop.

My questions is: -

If I buy the bridge edition block will this work for now and fit with regular hosing connections?
Or will they only fit into the separately bought parallel bridge?

I ask as I plan to add another 7970 down the line and therefore, the bridge idea makes sense.

Can anyone confirm either way as I couldn't find online?

Would it be easier to just buy 2 normal universals?

Also - which ramsinks/vrmsinks are you guys using and would recommend? (i don't want to use full cover blocks ideally)

thanks in advance

edit * I am on an asus rampage 3 mobo in HAF-x case if this helps

Associate
OP
I agree that it would likely be better. But I like the idea of not losing ££££ everytime I upgrade cards by needing to buy new blocks every time.

ho hum

Associate
OP
Can you use the full blocks without the backplating?
My understanding was that the backplate was just for looks and a bit of extra cooling on the ram?

Associate
Yes you can use the full blocks without backplating. The backplate is primarily for aesthetics, and in fact a number of full cover blocks do not have compatible backplates at all.

Associate
DuoDuo u can use normal fittings with out the bridge from what pictures I have seen

but like the guys say full blocks are always much better cant be beaten for looks and cooling.

they might cost more but you can always sell them on when u upgrade for example I had 2x 580 blocks which I had for over a year brought for 140 just sold on for like 100 quid I can take 40 loss and the money went towards the 680 blocks

Associate
OP
fair play. I am converted. full blocks it is!

I have a 7970 and will likely grab another if the 8*** or GTX 7** doesn't appear early next year.
thanking you

Associate
A vote for universal here. I've had the same one (swiftech mcw60) since 2007 and have used it on 8800gt, 5830, 6870 and my current 7950. Only difficulty (over a full cover) in the last 5 years was with my current 7950 where I had to wait for a .5mm copper shim due to the more deeply recessed core. Buy an assortment of heatsinks and use them over. Although the MSI 7950 has a pcb cooling plate, so not really needed, I stick them all on to increase its surface area. Not bad for a £30 block and ~20-30 £'s heatsinks.

Back
Top Bottom