EK Bridge - Screw too short?

Associate
So, bought an EK bridge off the forums (reputable seller) but all but one of the screws fit. I can attach the block connectors just fine, but of the four screws used to connect the cards to the bridge one simply doesn't extrude far enough to meet the block connector.

EK-FC-BRIDGE-DUAL-PARALLEL-3SLOT_01.jpg

The screw in question is the one used to go in the hole closest to the bottom of that picture, just left of that side port. All four of the top screws are identical, and I can't have messed up with other screws on the block connectors or they wouldn't have fit.

Any ideas?

Soldato
Judging from that picture I would say that one bolt should be slightly longer, the other three are recessed into the bridge.

Checked EK's PDF installation guide? Should tell you what should/shouldn't be required to install it.

Associate
OP
You would think so :/

Managed to find out they are M4x20mm screws, ordered a boat load of M4 screws of varying sizes for around 2p each, not bad.

Last edited:
Soldato
You'd be surprised how much profit is still made on 2p a unit screws :p

If the other three are m4x20 then I'd guess you're looking at an m4x25 for that final screw :)

Associate
OP
You'd be surprised how much profit is still made on 2p a unit screws :p

If the other three are m4x20 then I'd guess you're looking at an m4x25 for that final screw :)

Other 3x are M4-18mm :)

Yer I would imagine this guy buys 10k screws at a time, not 50. Thanks for the help bud, I didn't think to look at the instructions :D

Soldato
That's the good thing about EK instructions, they break down each part you need at the bottom (and often provide extras if you loose some). I can't say the same for some other WC brands :)

Strange thread sizes EK use I must say, afaik industry standards on SHCS is something odd like x16, x22 etc...where standard bolts use divisions of 5 like x15, x20.

I take it you had to make a minimum price order on the screws? I know the place next door to use (who make their own in house as luck would have it) £25 minimum order, which means if I want 5 bolts I have to order 300 to make the order :p

Associate
OP
Nope, no minimum order that I know of. I simply ordered about £5 worth of bolts (about 230) of varying M4 sizes (always useful) and paid another £4 postage.

Associate
I have that bridge and yes it's meant to be a different length screw. Not sure of the exact sizes involved but it's in the instructions if you got them with it (not at home right now else I would check details).

Did you get any black plastic spacers with it? That threw me as they supply them but no mention of them on the instructions! Thought they may be required with the screws but didn't put them in as not mentioned...I think EK tend to include lots of different bits that you may not need...

Back
Top Bottom