EK DDC 3.2 PWM pump not starting

Associate
OP
Roman got back to me this morning confirming the request to change pump models. I will be receiving the EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM pump this time and should be dispatched within 1-2 days!
Top stuff from you guys again :)

Associate
OP
Update:
Pump arrived yesterday while I was dismantling the loop and now the new D5 pump is installed and is so much quieter than the DDC.
Guys at CS were great and offered to let me switch the XTOP to the pump/res attachment too.
I've added some pictures to show the difference in the build :D
Y4R5OjU.jpg
9o1zvg3.jpg
y1hkWEj.jpg

Associate
Update:
Pump arrived yesterday while I was dismantling the loop and now the new D5 pump is installed and is so much quieter than the DDC.
Guys at CS were great and offered to let me switch the XTOP to the pump/res attachment too.
I've added some pictures to show the difference in the build :D
Y4R5OjU.jpg
9o1zvg3.jpg
y1hkWEj.jpg

Sweet!!! :D

Associate
damn i just made my own thread regarding same issues ..i dont even want to put it back into the computer .

If it helps, my filter was blocked with green sediment. Cleaning it seems to have fixed it.

Joys of water cooling just about to play devision and my mouse mats wet and there's no water in the res. No water inside the pc just on my desk the only thing outside of the case is the pump and that's dry

Last edited:
Associate
If it helps, my filter was blocked with green sediment. Cleaning it seems to have fixed it.

Joys of water cooling just about to play devision and my mouse mats wet and there's no water in the res. No water inside the pc just on my desk the only thing outside of the case is the pump and that's dry

Nothing green in my filter as its still black as can be and nothing out of the ordinary . Only thing I noticed was my 250mm res tube had this brown tinge and got toilet roll and wiped it out and the toilet roll came back out like a light brown color but thinking this is the dye of the coolant . EK are replacing the Dual DDC 3.2 to a dual Revo D5 . Should be a lot better . Not had any reply since I confirmed my address and by the looks of things they are sending without me sending the faulty one first .

I'm now Computerless and it's raining grrrrrr

Associate
Nothing green in my filter as its still black as can be and nothing out of the ordinary . Only thing I noticed was my 250mm res tube had this brown tinge and got toilet roll and wiped it out and the toilet roll came back out like a light brown color but thinking this is the dye of the coolant . EK are replacing the Dual DDC 3.2 to a dual Revo D5 . Should be a lot better . Not had any reply since I confirmed my address and by the looks of things they are sending without me sending the faulty one first .

I'm now Computerless and it's raining grrrrrr

That's a bummer :( but at least you should have your system back in action soon. If you don't have any updates in a few days, don't hesitate to ask for a little follow-up on your ticket.

Associate
That's a bummer :( but at least you should have your system back in action soon. If you don't have any updates in a few days, don't hesitate to ask for a little follow-up on your ticket.

whats wrong with this RMA , tey keep changing there minds , wow . first they say im getting the 2x D5 pwm and just wanted to comfiem my address, then they say they need DDC pump returned and i would be waiting until the end of the week for the Dual D5 to be in stock . and now today they saying giving me 2 options , 1) i get direct replacement of the DDC , 2) send DDC back for a refund to then buy the D5 as they are saying the Dual D5 is more expensive that the DDC . why offer me the dual D5 from the start and then completly change it , this is not getting my system back up and running any time soon , with all the issues with the DDC i dont want to touch it with a barge pole .

dont know what to do now as really dont trust the DDC . i would have to pay to send the DDC back to EK , then when refunded i would then need to pay for shipping again and the Dual D5 being more expensive .

strange when the D5 is cheaper on here than the DDC not by much but it is cheaper . why didnt i just buy from here . putting me off EK products this is .

on getting my pump running by the tapping method it does seem that the bearings seize up as it makes a grinding noise when both pumps running and very loud .i sometimes dont have my pc on for days or even a couple of weeks at a time and being summer dont use it that much as we had a bit of sunshine in Scotland in may june and pc was not used , perhaps when pc not being used makes the bearings seized and maybe it is the EK coolant .sorry about spelling im mystified on the change of heart from EK and im on my phone

Last edited:
Associate
whats wrong with this RMA , tey keep changing there minds , wow . first they say im getting the 2x D5 pwm and just wanted to comfiem my address, then they say they need DDC pump returned and i would be waiting until the end of the week for the Dual D5 to be in stock . and now today they saying giving me 2 options , 1) i get direct replacement of the DDC , 2) send DDC back for a refund to then buy the D5 as they are saying the Dual D5 is more expensive that the DDC . why offer me the dual D5 from the start and then completly change it , this is not getting my system back up and running any time soon , with all the issues with the DDC i dont want to touch it with a barge pole .

dont know what to do now as really dont trust the DDC . i would have to pay to send the DDC back to EK , then when refunded i would then need to pay for shipping again and the Dual D5 being more expensive .

strange when the D5 is cheaper on here than the DDC not by much but it is cheaper . why didnt i just buy from here . putting me off EK products this is .

on getting my pump running by the tapping method it does seem that the bearings seize up as it makes a grinding noise when both pumps running and very loud .i sometimes dont have my pc on for days or even a couple of weeks at a time and being summer dont use it that much as we had a bit of sunshine in Scotland in may june and pc was not used , perhaps when pc not being used makes the bearings seized and maybe it is the EK coolant .sorry about spelling im mystified on the change of heart from EK and im on my phone

Although i'm not in the RMA team, it baffles me when they do that.

They should have clearly make their decision process before giving you 3 different stories. :mad:

The price difference from what I see in the webshop is 10$ it's not that big but anyway...they could have at least offered you to pay the 10$ difference and issue the RMA. This way you would have only paid shipping for returning the items.

Maybe it's something you could offer them.

Associate
This is the response I have just got .

ok to avoid confusion here i will offer you this:

We will send you the D5 dual product ( EAN: 3831109843192), as soon as it will be available (as i said at the end of the week). This will be free of charge. But we will need you to return the DDC product back, pay the shipping costs and cover the difference in price between ddc dual and d5 dual. Will you take the deal?

How can it be free of charge when I have to pay the costs to send back the DDC unit and pay the costs towards the Dual D5 ?

I've sent a message back asking why say it's free of charge when it's not . Seems like a 1 message a day thing going on too .

Associate
This is the response I have just got .

ok to avoid confusion here i will offer you this:

We will send you the D5 dual product ( EAN: 3831109843192), as soon as it will be available (as i said at the end of the week). This will be free of charge. But we will need you to return the DDC product back, pay the shipping costs and cover the difference in price between ddc dual and d5 dual. Will you take the deal?

How can it be free of charge when I have to pay the costs to send back the DDC unit and pay the costs towards the Dual D5 ?

I've sent a message back asking why say it's free of charge when it's not . Seems like a 1 message a day thing going on too .

By free of charge he was most probably talking about shipping fees to send you the Dual D5

Associate
Arrangement has been met where he will ship out dual D5 on 22nd July due to stock and I send the dual DDC back .

We got there in the end . He did ring me while I was at work to bless him . I don't mind waiting as I got to strip the whole build and flush out both 480mm rads add new fans and change other things .

Associate
Arrangement has been met where he will ship out dual D5 on 22nd July due to stock and I send the dual DDC back .

We got there in the end . He did ring me while I was at work to bless him . I don't mind waiting as I got to strip the whole build and flush out both 480mm rads add new fans and change other things .

Cool and sorry again for the communication issue in the beginning of your RMA.

Associate
Cool and sorry again for the communication issue in the beginning of your RMA.

Communication is now taken a nose dive yet again and now there is stock the replacement pump my messages are now being ignored even though i promised on new pump and communication for today . I'm never buying EK products direct again . Waste of time and effort and god knows how long I'm going to be waiting and now by looks of things they are short of stock yet again . So frustrating .

Associate
Communication is now taken a nose dive yet again and now there is stock the replacement pump my messages are now being ignored even though i promised on new pump and communication for today . I'm never buying EK products direct again . Waste of time and effort and god knows how long I'm going to be waiting and now by looks of things they are short of stock yet again . So frustrating .

If you don't get any news on Monday let me know.

Back
Top Bottom