EK Quantum Kinetic FLT Evolv'd

Soldato
OP
Wicked build :cool:
Thanks mate

First of the bits i've ordered have arrived, PSU to start!

This thing is tiny but reeks quality, wasn't expecting braided cables to come as standard but damn thats a nice bonus!

xQZyO4u.jpg

Just hoping the cables will be long enough to reach the 24pin and EPS 8pin on the motherboard. Not so worried about the gpu as its relatively close.

Waiting on the board and case to arrive yet.

Brackets have arrived to mount the dual res and pump and tubing as well. Still planning and measuring to see if it will fit but i think with some tweaking it will fit just fine.

Biggest challenge as previously mentioned is finding a clean exit for the pass through for external rads.

Soldato
OP
First of the updates tonight, prepping the case, giving it a good clean as the previous owner left it quite dusty prior to posting it but no biggie. Some compressed air, wet wipes and a micro fibre and its good as new!

Unfortunately some of the SSD sleds are missing so i will have to improvise for now until the seller can find the others. Contacted Phanteks as well just incase they still stock these somewhere in a warehouse, fingers crossed!

Tasks for tonight:

• Clean and prep case
  • Test fit Radiator and psu
  • Measure room for Dual 120 FLT's
  • Drill out holes for pass through on both internal frame and external panel

Not to my surprise, i can't fit the FLT's without mounting the fans externally which means slim 15mm 120mm fans or a custom front panel with standoffs to be able to fit 120x25mm fans outside of the case. Ordered the front panel with standoffs, hopefully be here soonish but will use slim fans in the time being.

My drilling skills were abit off tonight :cry:, the front panel needs some work and a good tidy up but works as intended for now. The pass through was a nice fit, no issues there.

Onto some pics:

Hp0V6QB.jpg

ydDfkXT.jpg

UQmVFOR.jpg

GFQbw4A.jpg

P3fB4on.jpg

uZLQZJm.jpg

j1KRgU7.jpg

9l774Hg.jpg

ZWlelD1.jpg

ksI7KC1.jpg

erQKaXk.jpg

Tomorrow's work includes:

• Stripping current system
  • Testing the ITX board and make sure it will post
  • Assemble the hardware and plan tube runs.

Soldato
OP
BIG UPDATE!

Finally completed the internal build so it actually runs, tested and setup! Initial testing was a nightmare due to not detecting hard drives, the warehouse deal was a flop... it was returned for good reason! On inspection i noticed a few bent pins and a missing pin! No wonder it was playing up. The second board which was the same Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi ITX, was perfect and from a decent seller. Thankfully it arrived safely despite it being sent by Hermes and was nearly a week late... Good ol Hermes.

Any way up and running and it detected everything on post and in Bios. As noted by the seller it has the latest Bios and was only bought as a spare so had very little use which i could tell straight away, little to no dust on the board. Managed to apply the same OC from my previous board onto this one with it being a Gigabyte board it was fairly straight forward running a more modest 5.0ghz all core at 1.28v. Thinking running a 5.1ghz at 1.31v maybe abit too much for this chassis especially while only cooling the CPU with a 240 30mm thick radiator. I'll do further testing to see if i can push it but i think a 5.0ghz at a lower voltage is a safer option to keep temps down.

Other snags included not being able to fit the GPU in the orientation i wanted which may actually have been for the better... I would have needed extremely short 90 degree fittings to stop the fitting from contacting the glass. With the gpu orientated to the backplate is facing outwards i could just about manage to fit some slim 90 degree fittings despite the fitting still contacting the glass at least i could still slide the panel on. May need some even shorter fittings which OCUK sell for future improvements or if i take the system apart again i'll make the changes but for now its acceptable.

After 4 days of a gruelling build, twisting and pushing working in this confined space i finally managed to get it how i wanted it. Fingers are sore, very sore but well worth it! Cable management was the hardest part, having had to redo it several times due to forgetting to install some components i needed. The case would have been even more perfect if it had a few more cable management holes at the bottom and sides. It definitely needs a few more cable tie down points in particular around the edges to hold things in place although with some tension it works perfectly fine though not ideal.

Fitting the PSU was fun, getting psu in there while ensuring there's enough room for the reservoirs was the trickiest part... literally not a mm spare! I have some proper brackets coming which should help me pull the reservoir further in towards the radiator and give me that needed space to fit the 3D printed psu cover made by a good friend of mine @RexAlba . The 24pin and 8pin EPS were nowhere near long enough to reach, the 8pin EPS i decided to use an extension but the 24pin extension is way too bulky so in the end i resorted to routing it through the centre of the case and using straps to keep it neat and tidy, giving it a cyberpunky muscle fibre effect.

Onto some pics with a brief description:

Mocking up the Radiator and Reservoir fitment.

ZuJrabO.jpg

EPp5fcs.jpg

eocH21K.jpg

PSU fitment, pushed right up against the res. It slots in perfectly, with some slight adjustment to the res bracket was is adjustable.

7icmzd0.jpg

gHi89sp.jpg

Installation of the board and block with some work starting on the cable management.

DS8dpRK.jpg

GPU installed but you'll see later i rotated it so the backplate faces outward. There was no way of fitting it this way without the fittings interfering with the glass side panel. Shame really but in retrospect it worked out better this way as i forgot how hot the backplate gets!

IkuFhUv.jpg

Finishing up the cable management, front and back looks tidy despite the lack of space.

OJAWfMY.jpg

1jvMHuj.jpg

Installing the first bit of tubing, this was a troublesome bend! Had to wing it and due it by hand to get the desired angle.

HWYjdNE.jpg

GGK5A7Z.jpg

TUEuPaS.jpg

zCUsWXJ.jpg

"Easy Bends"

V1ZKfrq.jpg

tChnJmx.jpg

tExxqIR.jpg

2Eucbqv.jpg

GPU side Tubing.

CIil26P.jpg

Resorted to using some soft tubing for this bend from the back of the gpu to the passthrough. Way too many turns and bends needed to get it in there, would have been a nightmare. Made things a little easier for myself with some satin black soft tubing.

edJViBI.jpg

COMPLETED! :cry: TEARS OF JOY!

OAi6zTT.jpg

Next to do:

• Front panel is on the way with the 3D printed risers to fit over the full size 25mm fans. It's also Machined at the front to allow for better airflow.
  • Powdercoat or plastidip the front and back panels to match the theme, thinking a strong Yellow will do the job but undecided on paint or plastidip yet.
  • Couple of custom decals to match the theme. Have some spare from the last build as well.
  • Install the PSU cover and tidy up cables a little bit more internally.
  • 3D printed Magnet cover, the stock one is abit scratched from the previous owner.

Soldato
OP
Front panel is on! Subtle Phanteks Neon Strips added

Final Lian Li SL140 Fan to replace the 120mm at the bottom for more airflow covering a wider space.

Ideally i want to mount a slim 120mm fan on the top panel however there is literally no room for it to go without interfering with the cables... I'll figure out a way.

0JEi7QO.jpg

KlDVaQE.jpg

3TsqCXF.jpg

vtJuf2G.jpg

Soldato
OP
Changed the sensor panel components for something else, needed something to tinker with. Messed with the colour scheme and i think i almost have it perfect now. Has a really nice and immersive cyberpunk feel to it now.

Still trying to figure out a way to get a flow meter and temp sensor to fit into all of this. Might not be able to get it in for the gpu side but defo should be able to on the cpu side at least as its the side i see.

kYxSAaQ.jpg

aLuYigK.jpg

sXidtwI.jpg

0ilvjBe.jpg

xt1Fjjk.jpg

Soldato
OP
Panel Updates,

with most of the internals almost sorted, i'm now starting on the back and front panels for a more themed look. Originally i was going to wrap or spray them in a solid colour but after much deliberation i decided to go with some cyberpunk related artwork.

The panel is long.. ridiculously long around 650mm to be precise so any single artwork was never gonna cover it. This is where i got a good friend of mine to combine 2 images to meld into one. The rest of the empty space will be filled with his own drawing to match the theme, more than likely Japanese themed clouds with a neon effect.

The artwork will be printed on vehicle grade wrap to allow for heating and stretching to fit over some of the edges.

Front panel im still working on what to do with that many cutouts, it's difficult to get a design to suit it.

The 2 images we're going to use but will modify and create something more unique to make it his own:

1F5ix3L.jpg

Initial stages of combining the 2 images:

8JQNlDI.jpg

More work on combining the 2 images with the word "Ronin" added as a placeholder for now:

u8vzJn0.jpg

Soldato
OP
The panel is finally on! From draft to design to the final finish!

qS3jVvG.gif

MO-RA3 360LT is on the way from OCUK, be a few weeks still but can't wait to get my hands on it!

Soldato
OP
That's amazing Jay.

I love the pass-through for the quick disconnects.

Really, makes it two separate pieces.

Bet you will get some serious performance with the bigger external rad.

Be interested to see what the results are.

I keep seeing cases I want to build in next.

Would really like to get the Corsair 7000D.

Great effort!
I'm hoping so too, im not expecting huge temp differences but with the ability to run lower speed fans too will be a bonus on its own having an ultra quiet system.

Seriously though the rear panel came out way better than i expected, i love it so much lol.

Don't ponder too long, just do it. Lifes too short to ponder, go out and do what you want :D.

Soldato
OP
Finally got my Mo-RA3 yesterday after 2 months of searching! OCUK did me a solid on getting me this from caseking in such a short time. Such a beast of a radiator and my god its heavy! The wife answered the door and the DPD guy gave it her and she caught it with 1 hand not realising how heavy it was and nearly dropped it ! Got it all built up last night and works great, running basically ideal fan speed 600rpm and still maintaining 44c gpu core temp while playing flight sim. My old setup would require at least 1500rpm fan speed to maintain this temp, such a difference. Not tested it further yet as i finished quite late.

Just a slight issue with one of my QD's, its rattling when there's flow going through it so i think there's either something trapped in it and rattling or its fault. The locking mechanism is a little stiff as well, doesn't pull back smoothly like it use to. Anyone experienced this with QD's?

Hq3G81o.jpg

G14w2fp.jpg

F0lDNi4.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Anybody knows how to connect the flt 240 led to a 12v header???
You can't, the FLT 240 LED's are 5v argb. A 12v motherboard header will burn out the 5v LED's if you plug them in. Better off buying an RGB controller if your motherboard doesn't have a 5v header.

What board is it?

Soldato
OP
that’s not good reading the last bit about pmma as I’ve got the xspc triple seal fittings and 14mm tubing so looking forward to raw hands :cry:
My only advice to you would be to lube up the tubing or Orings before you try and insert it or you're gonna chew up your orings.

I actually ended up with bigger issues in the long run where bits of oring ended up clogging my blocks!

Soldato
OP
Jay85
I owe you a big thanks
I am currently building myself a new custom loop PC and been having serious issues with my FLT 240 pump/res combo leaking when it first arrived i air tested it with the ek leak tester kit (great bit of kit) no leaks so thought i would test the pump as well before installation

so filled it with distilled water and ran it for half an hour
so far every thing going to plan

so then installed it along with the other items including the tubing - it started then popping off one of my tubes when i air tested it so - I changed one of the 16mm fittings it was slowly leaking all of a sudden and after various attempts to solve the issue and not getting anywhere fast the whole thing would not let me add air just leaking non stop

so i took out all the tubing and started testing yet again and now my FLT wont hold air at all and i can here it hissing!!

talk about what a nightmare this is turning into
must add i never blow the pressure past 5 bar on the air tester and have been very gentle as i can with it

and could not get any air into it - so spent most of yesterday evening and nearly up all night stressing about my next move
so started reading various Google searches about problems with the FLT 240mm and this thread came up

and early in this thread you got my brains cells twiching when you said the little allan screws on yours were not tight - so had not even thought that they might be the problem so out comes the little allan key and just like you mention it needed had a quarter of a turn on each one to tighten them and not knowing if this was the main problem or not i then again air tested it
Lo and behold the damned this is now not leaking still sat here holding 5 bars after 40 minutes
pretty poor form for EK to send out products that are not tightened properly

so thank you for mentioning this in your thread as i was going to RMA it back EK had i not found a solution now going to change one of the fittings and try a new bit of tubing on the run that wants to keep popping off i guess i made a mistake buying the tubing from different manuafacturers
No worries man, i wasn't the only one with these issues as it seems fairly common for EK to not check this.. i have no idea how these even pass QC tbh. Like i mentioned, anyone who is fairly new to watercooling would just expect things to work straight out of the box and not leak like it did. To not tighten screws properly is a pretty basic mistake to make especially for a big company like EKWB. I don't ever remember EK making these mistakes when they first started out but it seems the bigger they get the more they miss. People will always defend them but personally mistakes like this is unforgiveable, could easily ruin someone's expensive hardware.

In your case, i'm glad you found the issue and i'm happy i helped out, it's one of the reasons why i keep everything i find in detail in case someone else comes across the same issues.

Back
Top Bottom