EK-Quantum Momentum2 ROG Strix X570-i monoblock sits unevenly on motherboard.

Associate
What do you guys think, Is this normal or there is something wrong. I know there is no CPU mounted in now but the result is the same with CPU.

On the right side of the monoblock there are 2 stand-offs, which are there to protect VRM from being squashed. The thing is - there is nothing like that on the left side of the block (by the RAM slots) and that causes the whole thing to tilt and sit uneven. The right side bottoms out at the stand-offs and cant go further down, while the rest of the block has quite some distance still.
It is possible to fit the CPU in the socket and tighten it down but I'm pretty sure CPU height is less that that of the stand-offs. Once I have socketed the CPU and installed the monoblock it cause the whole motherboard to bend and I'm not sure the pressure put on the CPU is even on each side.

Has anyone with this mobo/block combo have different experience in fitting it? It just doesn't feel right for some reason.

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
ooooou, this is a strange one - it doesn't look right that's for sure.

I think for this it would actually be best to contact support as, unfortuantely, I haven't got hands on with that product. I will also fire a message to some of the R&D guys and see if they have seen anything like that before.

Keep me in the loop though, if you need any help with support or anything, give me a shout.

Associate
OP
ooooou, this is a strange one - it doesn't look right that's for sure.

I think for this it would actually be best to contact support as, unfortuantely, I haven't got hands on with that product. I will also fire a message to some of the R&D guys and see if they have seen anything like that before.

Keep me in the loop though, if you need any help with support or anything, give me a shout.
OK, i'll fill up the form now, just not sure what to put on. Nothing in the looks of the block make me think it's faulty per se, just looks like the way it fits in is strange (unless i binned some part or something). Will keep you posted.

Soldato
Can you take a pic with the CPU installed as well?

I didn't tell the guys that there was no CPU installed and it was the first thing they enquired about.
WMiKO6t.png

Associate
OP
I'll have to drain my current system as I am using the CPU an a different motherboard but rest assured there is not much difference. Will do this later on this evening and follow up.
Can you take a pic with the CPU installed as well?

I didn't tell the guys that there was no CPU installed and it was the first thing they enquired about.
WMiKO6t.png

Associate
Those monoblocks would have a stand-off (black plastic O-Ring kind of thing). If only one side has it, you’re risking too much pressure on the side without them.

Associate
OP
Alright, that took some work but i think i figured it out. I will be able to tell tomorrow but i believe it's the thickness of the thermal pads that is skewing the block. I've ordered some 0.5mm and some 1mm thickness to see how the block will sit with them.

Back
Top Bottom