EK questions (however, I'm not support! :P )

Associate
i actually prefer the torque fittings
especially the 90 rotary
feels more solid and less play in it than the older ones

likewise i also use signalrgb
so yeah would be nice to see EK products integrated to it
though i guess ek have so many cpu,gpu blocks and distros
that it might be challenging for signalrgb guys to do them all
assuming the blocks/distros cant just report to the software hey i have X amount of leds in me

and always nice to see a company rep in here :)
Yea I find the older angled fittings fail rather easily. Almost all of the ones I bought have become a lot looser and can leak at the joint if pressure is apllied. The new torque ones look a hell of a lot more leak proof.

Soldato
Yea I find the older angled fittings fail rather easily. Almost all of the ones I bought have become a lot looser and can leak at the joint if pressure is apllied. The new torque ones look a hell of a lot more leak proof.
i dont think these will do that
very solid at the rotary junction of the fitting
as they should be at £9 for a 90 degree rotary
some people may find them a bit big and chunky i guess
but thats just going to be a personal preference
same as pc cases looks are subjective

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hey @davido_labido hope your doing well buddy?? you still building PC's for comps/exhibitions or not enough time now?? anyway thought i'd pass on this post, i know EK is aware of issues but maybe a recall of the 13th gen delid tool is needed. https://www.overclock.net/threads/o...imus-z790-owners-thread.1800191/post-29165509
oh have you lost that scouse accent yet on all your travels :D btw Mrs says im **** at recognising where people are from!!! :cry:
I'm a stokie!!!
The 13th gen delid tools is having an issue with a very small number (the last number I had on the 24th march was 9 that had been RMA'd). It seems like it may be a first batch issue as it seems to be early adopters and special edition users that are having the issue. If they contact support they will get a replacement and we are keeping an eye on it just in case the problem does expand and then we will do a revision.

I am still building PCs, but not as many as I used to, unfortunately! I will be at I-series next week! Hope you're well buddy <3

Associate
in the o11 with reflection 2, you shouldn't need any fittings like that, you can use the push in fittings and a 90 at the bottom, same at the top (IIRC, you might need an extension) and then for CPU and GPU there are different configurations depending on what motherboard/GPU you're using. Obviously this is only with EKWB parts that are Matrix 7 compatible, but it is how they're so clean.
Ah... I have the version 1 of the reflection pump res, I've had it a couple of years I think. In addition the monoblock for my motherboard (Gigabyte X570 Aurous master) has the inlet on the right and outlet on the left at the same height. Add in the chipset waterblock and long story short, not as straight forward as your pic :)
FEX1ZO2.jpg

Soldato
I'm a stokie!!!
The 13th gen delid tools is having an issue with a very small number (the last number I had on the 24th march was 9 that had been RMA'd). It seems like it may be a first batch issue as it seems to be early adopters and special edition users that are having the issue. If they contact support they will get a replacement and we are keeping an eye on it just in case the problem does expand and then we will do a revision.

I am still building PCs, but not as many as I used to, unfortunately! I will be at I-series next week! Hope you're well buddy <3
LOL Stokie

All good here, still tweaking here and there

Good to know there aren't too many affected. Curious to know though as to why the design requires you to keep removing the CPU and switching round to go at it from the opposite direction, the tool I have you need to do it only once and I've done 3 now with no issues. Sure EK will get on top of it and sort the problem out, they always make quality kit.

Soldato
It's good to see another vendor rep on the forums! Overall having just built a system full of EK products I'm very impressed with the quality of the products.

One question though, given the cost of your blocks, could we not get pre cut thermal pads? Lol

Soldato
OP
It's good to see another vendor rep on the forums! Overall having just built a system full of EK products I'm very impressed with the quality of the products.

One question though, given the cost of your blocks, could we not get pre cut thermal pads? Lol

We're actually looking at the options with the thermal pads. We're already upgrading them.
The main issue at the moment with the pads is that there are so many different sizes due to having so many different blocks that use them (not just GPU but motherboard, RAM, SSD blocks etc) also.
It means that if we pre-cut them, we will have hundreds of SKUs, just for thermalpads. If we mess up the quantities of these then that will turn into huge costs. In the future, we're looking at trying to keep everything to certain sizes though so that we can reduce this number and get them pre-cut :)

Soldato
We're actually looking at the options with the thermal pads. We're already upgrading them.
The main issue at the moment with the pads is that there are so many different sizes due to having so many different blocks that use them (not just GPU but motherboard, RAM, SSD blocks etc) also.
It means that if we pre-cut them, we will have hundreds of SKUs, just for thermalpads. If we mess up the quantities of these then that will turn into huge costs. In the future, we're looking at trying to keep everything to certain sizes though so that we can reduce this number and get them pre-cut :)

Thanks for the response, it makes sense I guess. I just always find it such a pain, considering my having sausage fingers and the premium cost associated with tour products.

I'm also glad to hear you're upgrading the pads as the alternatives do perform quite a bit better.

I really like the return to metal Allen keys though and the use of more philips head screws across the stacks.

Two other questions though, are you guys going to release an updated temperature sensor that matches the Quantum fittings? And where the hell can I find a single red colour ring for my drain valve? As the silver it comes with doesn't match my theme.

Soldato
why not have a coolant temperature sensor built into distros
yeah its one more wire
but these distros arent exactly cheap
cant see adding it making any difference to the cost
@Vidar paint one on with that lovely bright red nail varnish you have :cry:
but yeah only being able to buy accent rings in
multipacks is a PITA

Soldato
Well I managed to rotate the sticker on the CPU block, so that's good, although the silver bit underneath became a little discoloured, so it's now a very dark purple to match the rest of the build.

@davido_labido I do have another question - I know you're not support, sorry (#notsorry) I've just acquired a powercooler RX 6800 XT Liquid Devil with the EKWB plate pre-installed. Is there a way to connect the argb lighting to an external controller? I can't seem to find a 3 pin +/data/- input. Ta :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Great to have an EK representative on here!

I've got a question/feedback around the FLT series... I've just built a new loop in the Phanteks NV7 and squeezed the FLT120 D5 in.. however, schoolboy error, after hard tubing and installing everything, whilst it fired up first time and all worked, I realised the FLT mounting option being direct to a fan/rad tray (the side one on the NV7) is effectively solidly coupled and lo and behold, the pump noise at anything over 45% PWM (~1600RPM) is quite audible and my usual 2500-3000RPM quiet running config I use with my other builds is way too loud at the moment.

I've got some different 120mm fan gaskets I'll of course try, but for feedback, it might be nice to include so small isolation mechanism, especially as it's designed to hardmount in a 120mm fan position..

I will say, the concept of the FLT120 is great, compared to my traditional cylinder res/pump combo's, it's extremely discreet!

Associate
thanks for being on here and answering questions!
will you be releasing a 280mm version of your Nucleus AIO range? I'm looking at the 'dark' 240mm variant and have heard a lot of good things, but my case supports 280mm and I'd like to take advantage of the extra rad size if its possible

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the response, it makes sense I guess. I just always find it such a pain, considering my having sausage fingers and the premium cost associated with tour products.

I'm also glad to hear you're upgrading the pads as the alternatives do perform quite a bit better.

I really like the return to metal Allen keys though and the use of more philips head screws across the stacks.

Two other questions though, are you guys going to release an updated temperature sensor that matches the Quantum fittings? And where the hell can I find a single red colour ring for my drain valve? As the silver it comes with doesn't match my theme.
Updated temp sensor - likely. I actually just used vinyl to change the colour of my fitting rings, works really well and means I don't have to buy multiple packs when I change colours!
There are metal allen keys in products that require them. The plastic ones are to ensure people don't overtighten the fittings.
why not have a coolant temperature sensor built into distros
yeah its one more wire
but these distros arent exactly cheap
cant see adding it making any difference to the cost
@Vidar paint one on with that lovely bright red nail varnish you have :cry:
but yeah only being able to buy accent rings in
multipacks is a PITA

A lot of people don't use temp sensors at all so it would usually just be a waste for them =(

When are you releasing 7900xt reference waterblocks?
It's not on the immediate roadmap, so not sure if we will do tbh.
Well I managed to rotate the sticker on the CPU block, so that's good, although the silver bit underneath became a little discoloured, so it's now a very dark purple to match the rest of the build.

@davido_labido I do have another question - I know you're not support, sorry (#notsorry) I've just acquired a powercooler RX 6800 XT Liquid Devil with the EKWB plate pre-installed. Is there a way to connect the argb lighting to an external controller? I can't seem to find a 3 pin +/data/- input. Ta :)
I believe the liquid devil uses the argb port on the actual PCB. You would need to remove that and possibly get an adapter. I would have to check with R&D how that one was done I'm afraid.
Great to have an EK representative on here!

I've got a question/feedback around the FLT series... I've just built a new loop in the Phanteks NV7 and squeezed the FLT120 D5 in.. however, schoolboy error, after hard tubing and installing everything, whilst it fired up first time and all worked, I realised the FLT mounting option being direct to a fan/rad tray (the side one on the NV7) is effectively solidly coupled and lo and behold, the pump noise at anything over 45% PWM (~1600RPM) is quite audible and my usual 2500-3000RPM quiet running config I use with my other builds is way too loud at the moment.

I've got some different 120mm fan gaskets I'll of course try, but for feedback, it might be nice to include so small isolation mechanism, especially as it's designed to hardmount in a 120mm fan position..

I will say, the concept of the FLT120 is great, compared to my traditional cylinder res/pump combo's, it's extremely discreet!

This is more case-specific than anything. Most cases are chunky enough to take it without reverberation. I've actually not had any issues (so far) with pump noise and the FLT, but I will see if others have.

@davido_labido do you know even the AM5 CPU water blocks will be in stock?

There should be a few in stock already. I believe we have a bunch more being made at the beginning of next month though (like first week iirc)

thanks for being on here and answering questions!
will you be releasing a 280mm version of your Nucleus AIO range? I'm looking at the 'dark' 240mm variant and have heard a lot of good things, but my case supports 280mm and I'd like to take advantage of the extra rad size if its possible

It's not likely in all honesty (although, never say never!). The difference was minimal when we were researching the sizes for the Nucleus. It really is an awesome AIO though (and I don't shill, if it isn't worth, I wouldn't say it). We actually have some really nice products at the moment that were due an update, the fan and radiator range have taken big steps forward! The AIOs take advantage of this for sure.

Soldato
@davido_labido To be honest, I think most people don't think about temp sensors because they're not included. After spending hundreds of pounds on Watercooling gear do I really want to spend another £10 on a product I may not even know exists or what it can do for me? I think if people knew you could control your fan curve from fluid temps instead of needing to swap between gpu and cpu all the time they'd want that. Given it's low cost if it was included it would be a nice to have.

There's other things I'd love to see, a not so intrusive vertical gpu mount so I can utilise the other slot on my board or a horizontal bracket to support the weight of these seriously heavy waterblocked cards, especially with the active backplate on the slot itself. Nevermind the sag.

I'd also love a solution for adding in an external rad when using the front distro, I've got 3 of your quantum rads cooling my 3080ti and 7950x and while there temps are fine my fluid temps are higher than I'm comfortable with. I'd have to go external but can't for the life of me work out how I'd plumb that in currently.

Soldato
@davido_labido

Im looking to buy the EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 160 DDC Body D-RGB (to cut some clutter out of my setup) but want a bigger res tube than a 160. Does the EK-res x3 tube fit this as a direct replacment for the stock size tube?

The D5 version has a 200 and 300 tube but max of a 160 for the DDC version

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom