EK Supremacy AM4 Mounting Backplate Rubber Grommet

Soldato
So I've purchased the AM4 Mounting Backplate set hoping to watercool my Ryzen 1700 using the Supremacy EVO I already have, but then I noticed the AM4 mounting kit is not compatible with the old Supremacy EVO rubber grommets because the screw holes does not line up.

I've already sent a support ticket to EK, but honestly I just want to direct @EK Luc attention to this. How can EK overlook this, I have no idea when was the rubber grommet updated but it doesn't cost EK much more to ship the AM4 mounting bracket with a compatible rubber grommet does it?

Associate
So I've purchased the AM4 Mounting Backplate set hoping to watercool my Ryzen 1700 using the Supremacy EVO I already have, but then I noticed the AM4 mounting kit is not compatible with the old Supremacy EVO rubber grommets because the screw holes does not line up.

I've already sent a support ticket to EK, but honestly I just want to direct @EK Luc attention to this. How can EK overlook this, I have no idea when was the rubber grommet updated but it doesn't cost EK much more to ship the AM4 mounting bracket with a compatible rubber grommet does it?

Hi,

I already told them a while back. I will try to know if there was something done about it.

Soldato
OP
what is this grommet you guys are on about? should i have used one to mount my evo to ax370 gaming 5.

Depends on which version if you have.

If you have the EVO AMD edition where the AM4 screws are pre-installed onto the block then no, it goes straight into the AMD backplate on your motherboard.

Otherwise, the full version of EVO requires you to replace the standard AMD backplate with a grommet insert with a EK backplate.

Instructions that comes with your EVO will tell you what you need to do.

Associate
Depends on which version if you have.

If you have the EVO AMD edition where the AM4 screws are pre-installed onto the block then no, it goes straight into the AMD backplate on your motherboard.

Otherwise, the full version of EVO requires you to replace the standard AMD backplate with a grommet insert with a EK backplate.

Instructions that comes with your EVO will tell you what you need to do.
Yeah I thought so fella.

Back
Top Bottom