Ek supreme Evo - lga1700 ?

Soldato
I have the same block on an X99 board too and looking to use it on an LGA1700 system.

I think we just need this backplate to make it compatible.

And on the EK website, Supremecy is listed.

Soldato
OP
I have the same block on an X99 board too and looking to use it on an LGA1700 system.

I think we just need this backplate to make it compatible.

And on the EK website, Supremecy is listed.

If you get it and let me know if it works :D

I hope that's the case. Will save a few quid. But I'm also thinking of going crazy with the lighting so I might just buy new.

Soldato
Good to know it will fit though.
I'm waiting on Raptor Lake but been checking also if I need a new block.
Probably going to stick with my Supremacy EVO if it works, going by reviews of the latest blocks it's not far off anyway.

Soldato
OP
Good to know it will fit though.
I'm waiting on Raptor Lake but been checking also if I need a new block.
Probably going to stick with my Supremacy EVO if it works, going by reviews of the latest blocks it's not far off anyway.

There's only ever a few degrees between blocks. So if it does fit I'll save myself some dosh and use what I have

Soldato
OOOHH - I have an Evo block I was going to sell. i might pick up one of these to make that a bit easier. Would it then fit all previous Intel sockets? Thanks.

Associate
Some motherboards would allow previous gen mounting spacing, but I would suggest getting the 1700 kit, just to eliminate any chance of mounting pressure issues.
When I was searching about previous Intel gen blocks and 1700 socket, the description of the EK kit says, basically, to allow compatibility with 1700 socket, and lists the compatible blocks.
Unless cutting very close to thermal limits, pretty much all decent blocks would still perform well.
The only reason I ended up going with the specific one from EK is because I had to start from zero again, and it would match perfectly my GPU block.
But if you already owns the block, don't bother.

Back
Top Bottom