Elden Ring

Associate
Hi guys,

recently purchased Elden ring to get back into gaming but I feel this was a mistake and it's not really for me.

I've enjoyed Elderscrolls, Fallout etc in the past but I die that much in Elden Ring it isn't even fun. I can't commit too much time either so feel like it's going to take a long time to learn and fully appreciate.

Is there something with includes a story/exploring etc, Fallout76 possibly?

Playing on the Xbox Series X

Last edited:
Associate
Don’t know how long you’ve been away from gaming. If it has been years then try Witcher 3 Complete Edition or Red Dead Redemption 2. Even Starfield is okay, if you like Bethesda games. None of these are difficult ; all lengthy RPGs. Oh, and give the two Plague Tale games a shot … superb story.

edit. Also, have a look at Baldur's gate 3, but I'd read some user feedback first on Series X as it was quite buggy on launch at Xmas. I'm sure it's a lot better now. One more recommendation : Cyberpunk 2077 ( and Phantom Liberty DLC ).

Last edited:
Soldato
Try watching the first few videos of fightin’ cowboys walkthrough for Elden ring, don’t give up just yet ! Being underleveled at the beginning is really punishing. Also, the first “mini boss” out of the gate is a scion(?) and he is meant to kill you.. but you can kill him if you’re good enough. And other one is the tree sentinel, he is to be avoided at the beginning for new players.

Associate
OP
Don’t know how long you’ve been away from gaming. If it has been years then try Witcher 3 Complete Edition or Red Dead Redemption 2. Even Starfield is okay, if you like Bethesda games. None of these are difficult ; all lengthy RPGs. Oh, and give the two Plague Tale games a shot … superb story.

edit. Also, have a look at Baldur's gate 3, but I'd read some user feedback first on Series X as it was quite buggy on launch at Xmas. I'm sure it's a lot better now. One more recommendation : Cyberpunk 2077 ( and Phantom Liberty DLC ).

Been a few years.

Played Red Dead in the past and loved that one.

Looked at Starfield before purchasing Elden Ring actually.

Just watching reviews for Cyberpunk 2077 and Baldurs Gate 3.

Last edited:
Soldato
Try watching the first few videos of fightin’ cowboys walkthrough for Elden ring, don’t give up just yet ! Being underleveled at the beginning is really punishing. Also, the first “mini boss” out of the gate is a scion(?) and he is meant to kill you.. but you can kill him if you’re good enough. And other one is the tree sentinel, he is to be avoided at the beginning for new players.
I agree. Not a big single player game fan, but loved both Elden Ring a BG3.

Elden Ring, is one that allows you to level up and then go back to the boss for another attempt. Did love that as you state, I got beaten like a fly at the beginning.

Soldato
Aye. The start of the game is difficult as you have not a lot at your disposal to fight with. Once the first castle and Margit are out of the way it gets easier. Just felled mohgwyn on my second go. Still got a fair few bits left to tidy up.

Back
Top Bottom