Electric window not working ford focus..

Soldato
My front drivers side electric windows has stopped working... it was working fine this morning however this evening on the way home it has stopped working. The front passenger side window is working fine.. from both the controls on the passengers side and drivers side control/buttons..
The car is a 2001 ford focus... it only has electric front windows. What do i need to check.. is there a separate fuse for each window or anything like that.. I simple fix or something?
Thanks in advance guys :)

Associate
Might be worth trying to give it a smack first, mine used to stick very occasionally. Get the door card off (few bolts then sort of lifts over the top), with a small hammer hit the motor while pressing the window button (you will need to re-attach it as you disconnect it to take the door card off). I found this resolved the issue on mine, then just lubricated the mechanism before putting it back together.

Soldato
OP
I don't have one (multimeter)

when I press the button to roll the window down it makes one clicking sound. if that helps with the diagnosis any....

Last edited:
Associate
Not really, it's still guesswork without testing. I usually pull the switch and check it, then power, ground & the two wires going to the motor are o.k.

If it could be any help, a diagram
1533877_10152141435342889_309109940_n.jpg

Grounds are both on the a pillar, usually you have to pull back the foot well carpet and the kick trim, it's there somewhere, I'll try and find a schematic because I can't remember 100% myself. I think I'm confusing myself with mondeos.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom