The ongoing Elon Twitter saga: "insert demographic" melts down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
I can't Mary Jane would be at risk

I feel as if my views against the left and the right have put me in a little hole? seriously what gives with people on here?

Could someone explain the mentality on here and what people are quoting me as?

Permabanned
You don't think trump's big lies are dangerous, insurrection disagrees.
I never followed it much more than what the news told me. just something that went on in America. was it worse than BLM burning down their own communities? serious uninformed question as i'm not into all of this, just here due to my googling tonight.
Who was pushing the black people need to rise up mentality? was it Trump?

was it worse than BLM burning down their own communities
I'll let you answer it. Though I'll rephrase as you've incorrectly put it.

Is it worse that the president of the most powerful country in the world, incites an insurrection for selfish reasons, or worse that some members of blm rioted within their own community? And add as well, or is it worse that students in England rioted when the price of student fees went up to £9k per year?

Which is worse? Hmmm tricky one

Permabanned
I have no clue tbh. my life isn't about another country lol. You remind me of talking to my uncle Pat, he comes out with the same speel as you do...no offence ;)

What I'm saying is Biden and Co are no better than Trump and Trumpets just it easier to do what with Biden? I dunno? I really don't get it all.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is this an educated guess? If not, Google what you've just said :p

The constitution can be amended by a simple senate majority. This was proposed for Arnie about 20 years but was dropped because he decided not to further pursue politics.

For Musk to become president would simply require cozying up tobthe Republicans after the mid term

Man of Honour
My two cents - just deleted my twitter account as a) It’s just another distraction and b) Too many adverts.

I've never had a Twitter account - thought about it awhile back but the increasingly hostile/irritating way they treat people who browse, publicly published information, who don't have an account made me decide not to on principle.

I find it interesting how so many of these companies bemoan the downward trend in new users yet don't seem to realise the tighter they grip the more slips through - if you have a compelling product people eventually tend to create an account - try and force people into an account, enact some stupid agenda lead policies etc., and they'll eventually just go elsewhere.

Caporegime
for the "free speech" advocates, i think they will be extremely disappointed with Musk's interpretation. It largely only refers to his ability to say what he wants.

• Musk's free speech advocacy seems to apply mostly to his own speech or that of his fans and promoters.
  • When it comes to his employees' free speech, Musk demonstrates little tolerance.
  • Musk has repeatedly sought control over what journalists, bloggers, analysts and other researchers say about his businesses, their products, and himself.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/25/elon-musk-and-free-speech-track-record-not-encouraging.html

Permabanned
It's these kind of lies that are dangerous. USA is now an ungovernable cess pool because of these lies. :)

Trump was not found guilty, fact. You might not like it, but it's the truth, and they really tried.

If they couldn't prove it, the Twitter ban should have been removed, it was unjustified.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lets hope it changes Farages luck!

Nigel Farage has claimed that nobody new follows him on Twitter anymore and said engagement with his posts is at an "all-time low".

The former Ukip leader blamed the low interest in his musings on the social network's "algorithm" which he suggested was somehow penalising him.

His comments come as US billionaire Elon Musk bought the website for $44 billion US (£35 billion) and claimed he would protect free speech.

In a post on the social network Farage said: "For years I would gain 30,000 new Twitter followers per month and most tweets would get 5,000 plus retweets.

"Now I've had zero growth for 18 months and engagement is at an all-time low. It's the same for thousands of others.

"Twitter's algorithm now needs to change — and change fast!"

Mr Farage admitted that it was possible that "my stuff's really dull and boring" and that "I've not nothing interesting to say, no original thoughts whatsoever".

But he added, laughing: "I don't actually think that's the case."
Boo hoo. Reading people saying 'Twitter's algorithm' just makes me think of those that complain about 'woke' yet can never explain what they actually mean and then say anti racism as if it is a good thing to be against anti racists.

Caporegime
Trump was not found guilty, fact. You might not like it, but it's the truth, and they really tried.

If they couldn't prove it, the Twitter ban should have been removed, it was unjustified.

what nonsense is this?

Trump was found guilty and it was proven, which is why he was impeached (twice).

Man of Honour
Nope. Nobody should have the power to push 4 years of lies to the gullible like yourself.

Yeah they absolutely should.

what nonsense is this?

Trump was found guilty and it was proven, which is why he was impeached (twice).

While you're googling conditions of eligibility to run for president of the USA you should Google what impeachment means (and perhaps the results of the trials that followed).

Caporegime
Yeah they absolutely should.

While you're googling conditions of eligibility to run for president of the USA you should Google what impeachment means (and perhaps the results of the trials that followed).

you seem confused, the senate vote based kn the fact Trump was no longer president doesn't overrule the Impeachment.

But then i am not surprised since you don't seem to care about democracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom