email NDR issue / MS exchange

Soldato
error as below, I assume the server we are sending to has done a lookup and found that our MX records do not point to our servers (the email goes to 1 and 1 and is collected over pop)

Anyone know what needs to be done to fix the NDR issue?

the issue is currenly with only the one company we are trying to email, however hte issue needs correcting or I assume it will happen to other people at some point

[email protected] on 10/04/2012 11:28
You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
<mysbsserver.mydomain.local #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: Mail appeared to be SPAM or forged. Ask your Mail/DNS-Administrator to correct HELO and DNS MX settings or to get removed from DNSBLs; MTA helo: mysbsserver.mydomain.local, MTA hostname: host81-37-14-169.in-addr.btopenworld.com[81-37-14-169] (helo/hostname mismatch)>

Soldato
It's not an MX lookup.

It looks at the rDNS of your IP and compares it to the HELO and has found it's not the same. Either change your HELO to read host81-37-14-169.in-addr.btopenworld.com or ask BT to set the rDNS for 81.37.14.169 to mysbsserver.mydomain.local.

Soldato
OP
It's not an MX lookup.

It looks at the rDNS of your IP and compares it to the HELO and has found it's not the same. Either change your HELO to read host81-37-14-169.in-addr.btopenworld.com or ask BT to set the rDNS for 81.37.14.169 to mysbsserver.mydomain.local.

thanks, so I was not on the right track at all!!!... so the solution is in the error!

I assume since the current helo is not even from a valid domain I am not likely to break anythign by changing it...

THanks..

Back
Top Bottom