Email Program

Associate
What Windows 10 free clients do you use and/or would recommend. Ive always just used outlook becuase I am lazy but now that I have just fresh installed Windows I was wondering what others use as I feel like a bit of a change.

Thoughts?

Soldato
thunderbird :- with caveats
- editor is not very powerful eg. cannot quote already inserted text
- search mechanism not as powerful as outlook, it is fast, but cannot find emails with a keyword from a particular date range
- to use it with gmail server, it still uses a less secure protocol, so have to declare in gmail 'let less secure apps connect'
- needed an add-on to paste bitmaps into emails.
- can, also, configure with multiple account.

Soldato
I still use Thunderbird although do fear it may be unsupported someday due to funding.
Someone mentioned to me to try mailbird but not tried it yet. Email clients is not something I like to switch often unless the app can import or read mailbox files from other clients.

Soldato
I'm not sure if outlook is as secure as thunderbird ? , at least in thunderbird I block all access to external content (eg bitmaps/advertising junk you might have embedded in emails), no risk of VBA script incursion in thunderbird either, like office stuff ?

- Is PGP integrated in outlook too, although I've only rarely used it.

Soldato
In my last tech role 2 years ago I updated 90% of the business from Live Mail to Thunderbird.

Free and honestly a good piece of software with a little history behind it.

Not perfect but good enough.

Capodecina
Soldato
In my last tech role 2 years ago I updated 90% of the business from Live Mail to Thunderbird.

Free and honestly a good piece of software with a little history behind it.

Not perfect but good enough.
Would you stand by this analysis?
I used Thunderbird many years ago but haven't kept up-to-date with it. It is my understanding that Mozilla lost interest in it some time ago.

I have been asked by someone to recommend a "solution" for "safeguarding" emails received from a 1&1 account, as well as from Hotmail and Gmail - Thunderbird would be my recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom