Employer trying to force me out

Man of Honour
Quick and easy one hopefully. I'm currently in a position where my employer is trying to force me out as they have no reason to sack me.

Other than looking for another job which I have been actively doing for a couple of months is there anything else can I do?

Man of Honour
OP
What's actually going on?

what evidence do you have that you are being forced out?

To cut a long story short, I was employed as a CNC Operator, and I've progressively been pushed into doing all the **** jobs around the place that nobody really wants to do while my boss fills in a does my job. I was told to spend an hour friday sweeping the car park and its been overheard by a couple of colleagues that they we're trying to set me up so they could take disciplinary action against me.

get to 24 months and you at least get redundancy. they can find a way to get rid of you if they want. so get looking for jobs.
Sod staying here another 9 months, Not a great deal over minimum wage for a semi-skilled job and being treated like general **** all the time. I'd rather go and work back at McDonalds, at least I enjoyed the place.

Just come out the closet of your own accord then he has nowt over you. ;)

Definatly not a closed gay, just an unfortunate username change request :p

Man of Honour
OP
:confused: I have instructed skilled people on triple the minimum wage and up to sweep/clean/paint/etc stuff in and around the company HQ when the is no normal work for them to do and they haven't complained they have just got on with it...

There was CNC work to be doing at the time in question though as well as it raining and not supplying waterproof clothing.

Tis a good point matey, might be a small company with little understanding of employment law?

Without mentioning names its not a small company. We manufacture air filters for some rather large Bus and train companies as well as for fast road and competition use on cars bikes etc.

Back
Top Bottom