enabling DOCP causing game crashes

Associate
Hey Guys,
I am starting to have more games crashing in my new build, Division 2, then CoD MW.
Cyberpunk was running completely fine, then after the 1.04 patch, now crashes with 2mins of starting the game.
Specs:
ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (latest bios 3003)
32GB Corsair vengance pro 3600mhz (CMW32GX4M4C3600C18) 4x8GB sticks
Ryzen 9 5950x
RTX 3090FE
All all drivers are latest.
After some fault finding, I found out that I only have game crashes when DOCP is enabled.

So not having DOCP enabled solves the problem, but that now handcuffing my sytem. As you can understand, Im leaving a lot of performance on the table, even more so when running a Ryzen on the RAM default of 2133mhz

I might try with 2x8GB, but if that solves it, ive bought 2x8 sticks for nothing
Im not firmilar with "RAM Tinkering", but should i try putting in the DOCP profile settings, but do it manually?
Any sugesstions guidance welcome
Cheerz

Soldato
I think 3600 on all 4 dims are probably the limit. That is for B die ram which is considered to be the best.
Not sure if yours are. But nevertheless it will struggle to get 3600MHz so what you need to do is dial in manual ram frequency going from 3000 to 3600 leave all the timings in auto and set VRAM to 1.4V to see which frequency gives you least problem. Then tune the timing down.

it is a pain.

Alternatively switch XMP on and dial in 1.45V Vram and set the Vsoc to 1.15 Vccd and Viod to 1.05V and go from there. If that doesn’t post and give you stability then you know your ram can’t hit 3600 with the CPU.

also did you buy them as 4x8 kit or 2 lots of 2x8 kit? If the latter, you are really going to struggle as the ram is most frigidly not the same batch and potentially completely different IC and memory modules.

Associate
OP
@pc-guy
Many thanks on all the above. This is the RAM i have. Now i know it says XMP certified, but my arguement/stupidity is that the exact same kit, but in 2x8GB flavour is listed as "Ryzen optimsed", so what the difference buying 2 packs of those or 1 pack 4x8GB that i got?
I assumed that saying "XMP certifed" and "Ryzen optimsed" was just a bit of marketing snake oil, but on further looking, any kit that uses 4 dimms, doesn't say Ryzen Optimised.

Ive done a bit of your suggestions above, be a bit simplier. I enabled DOCP, but set the Mhz from 3600 to 3400 and set the Fclk from 1800 (3600/2) to 1700 (3400/2) and games are not crashing!! As an added bonus, when im running R23 stress test, my CPU temp is a about 3 degrees lower and my score went up a few hundred with just those changes, which is a bit strange getting better results when turning something down, but not complaining!!!
Thanks again PC-Guy :)

Associate
3600c18 should be easy. I've got 4x8 3600c16 trident z ( 2 sets of 2x8) and 3666 is max on 1t to boot, and I run them at 1.45v. I can run 3800c14@<1.49 and need 2t for boot with gear down enabled. Took me about 3 days to figure out these sticks fully.

Gains are 100% worth it and its pretty easy / quick to get a decent mild oc. Fair chance you'll get 3600c18 stable straight away purely by setting soc / ccd/ iop/ ddp manually I reckon.

Soldato
@pc-guy
Many thanks on all the above. This is the RAM i have. Now i know it says XMP certified, but my arguement/stupidity is that the exact same kit, but in 2x8GB flavour is listed as "Ryzen optimsed", so what the difference buying 2 packs of those or 1 pack 4x8GB that i got?
I assumed that saying "XMP certifed" and "Ryzen optimsed" was just a bit of marketing snake oil, but on further looking, any kit that uses 4 dimms, doesn't say Ryzen Optimised.

Ive done a bit of your suggestions above, be a bit simplier. I enabled DOCP, but set the Mhz from 3600 to 3400 and set the Fclk from 1800 (3600/2) to 1700 (3400/2) and games are not crashing!! As an added bonus, when im running R23 stress test, my CPU temp is a about 3 degrees lower and my score went up a few hundred with just those changes, which is a bit strange getting better results when turning something down, but not complaining!!!
Thanks again PC-Guy :)
I would still recommend you dial in those voltages yourself as motherboard are know to be funny with volts. Also make sure your PLL (CPU, NB and VRAM) to L2/3. So there is no voltage drops under load which affects stability.

Back
Top Bottom