Ender 3 v2 problems with seam

Associate
I
zmFs3n3
have been struggling to clear the z access seam on my benchy print. I've seen so many examples of perfect benchy's without any seam or inperfections.

Is there a cura profile with predefined parameters which can resolve this issue?

I am using Generic PLA

0.4mm nozzle / Standard Quality 0.2mm / 20% Infill

I have played around with the z seam alignment and z seam position. the seam does not clear it just moves, how are others able to get a seamless print?

I have been struggling for days on this, appreciate if someone can help please.

zmFs3n3

Associate
You won't, seams are part and parcel of fdm printing you can reduce or hide them on sharp corners but your always going to have one.
You can play around with seam placement and coasting to try to hide it but you'll never eliminate it.

Man of Honour
Can't see your image but most likely if someone is showing off a seamless print they've probably done something like an acetone vapour bath on it. Although I've found some filaments better than others - one of the marble ones I've got masks any striations or seams well.

Associate

Yeah so as others have said, seems can't be removed completely but tuned and hidden.

You want the seem of the back corner of the Benchy and to play with retraction and coasting. See the picture below of the small seem on the back and on the smoke stack, they are the only visible seems on one Benchy, I use PrusaSlicer personally. (That was just a quick profile I made after a big hardware change)

Back
Top Bottom