Ending a Three contract you just started...

Soldato
Friend of mine who is with three, went into the three store yesterday to look at new phones as she was looking for an upgrade, but not really ready for one.

Long story short, pressured and talked into an upgrade. From (300mins) 25pm to (2000mins) 32p/m and a free S3 Mini.

After she got home she regretted it and was really cross. She thinks the contract is too much of a jump from 300mins to 2000, and she doesn't think the phone is very good, and looking at reviews it seems to be pretty poor compared to the fullsize S3.

So on the whole she's not very happy with herself, or the three salesman.
I asked her what she'd like to do, and she said she just wants to cancel it all, return the phone and cancel the contract and just go back to the one she was on before and possibly wait to buy a Nexus 4.

I know that if she got it online then you can return it in 14 days or something. Does anyone know where she would stand by getting it from a shop?
Also she hasn't opened the box for the phone.

If anyone has any information or advice it'd be much appreciated as I feel sorry for her right now :(

Associate
Updates aren't new contracts so often don't have cooling off periods.

If there is nothing in the small print, as it was done in store there is no legal right to return, might come down to goodwill.

Soldato
Remember that the one plan is £25 by itself on three and so £32 isn't wholly unreasonable. Try getting phone swapped for free or for a small monthly increase.

Soldato
Updates aren't new contracts so often don't have cooling off periods.

If there is nothing in the small print, as it was done in store there is no legal right to return, might come down to goodwill.

This I'm afraid.

Can hardly believe that she can be ****ed off at the salesman though, no is usually effective, and you do have to sign, they give you enough refusal opportunities...

Associate
they can also check if the phone has been used from the imei number i had same problem with upgrade but signal on new phone was very poor. In the end i sold the phone on the bay and used the money to clear off the contract.

Back
Top Bottom