endsleigh insurance

Suspended
http://www.endsleigh.co.uk/

Ive been insured with them now for the past 2 years. Ive lost 2 digital cameras, after the first was lost i decided to insure the second under world wide cover for up to 30 days. This cost an extra £20 on top of the policy. I lost the camera in Prague about 1 month ago and i rang them a couple of days after I got back, they told me to send them proof of purchase and I explained I couldnt find the reciept but the woman said a box, warrenty or something like that would do. I sent them the box and with warrenty and other model info inside. She then told me I would be receiving my money shortly.

Ive heard nothing from them so rang today and they told me I need to get a lost property claim number or something from the police station. What the hell? What would happen if my computer or all my clothes got stolen, would they leave me with nothing to wear for a month.

My final conclusion -All insurance companies are complete and utter ********. They happily sort you out with insurance but making a claim is a nightmare that takes ages. (Like my car that got written off by someone else that took a year for the money to come through!)

Suspended
OP
Stellios said:
Yeah, most companies will ask for a crime number mate, its not out of the ordinary.

how could I give them a crime number when i was in prague, am i suppose to fly back to ask them for a number, or will my local station just hand me one out like sweets?

Man of Honour
geeza said:
My final conclusion -All insurance companies are complete and utter ********. They happily sort you out with insurance but making a claim is a nightmare that takes ages. (Like my car that got written off by someone else that took a year for the money to come through!)
You're not seriously suggesting it's taken you this long to realise, are you? :)

As for the crime number, that's standard practice, and I'm sure it'll be explained in the policy documents.

Soldato
geeza said:
how could I give them a crime number when i was in prague, am i suppose to fly back to ask them for a number, or will my local station just hand me one out like sweets?

I know, my dad lost his camera in the back of a taxi in prague and couldnt claim for the same reason.

Not sure there is anything you can do mate.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
floatindolphin said:
how'd yiou lose a camera in the back of a car??? It's not a big place
As it was a taxi I'm guessing he left it in there, then realised shortly after the taxi had gone. Not hard to do really.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
floatindolphin said:
how'd yiou lose a camera in the back of a car??? It's not a big place
perhaps he put it down and forgot about it? its not hard. i've done the same thing many a time

Suspended
OP
Stellios said:
I know, my dad lost his camera in the back of a taxi in prague and couldnt claim for the same reason.

Not sure there is anything you can do mate.

it was insured seperately with them though under 30 day cover world wide. I got to my last day and i simply couldnt find it in the room

Soldato
I hate Endsleigh with aversion. I had my student flat contents insured with them. Recently someone from Endsleigh rang me up to ask if I wanted to reinsure my contents.

My heart skipped a beat, no make that several beats, when she gave me a quote. Over £300 which was absolutely crazy. I couldn't afford that due to a money crisis (now sorted). I asked if I could pay in parts as I thought I had done that last time around. Nope, they don't offer that feature. So little old me gets confused, "How could it cost that much?! It didn't cost that last year!".

Turns out the idiots didn't actually charge me for some items first time round. That is why it went up in price this year. I left it since I'll be home soon and I think I'd be better off with the standard cover that my flat gets, also with Endsleigh. Probably not a good omen.

Suspended
I've used Endsleigh before too for a mobile phone and camera. In both instances it took them over a month to get the replacements back to me!!

Luckily Hampshire police dont give out reference numbers for lost items. The police woman behind the counter simply said "If they have a problem with that, give em my badge number and get them to call this station and I'll give them an earful for you!". Shortly after Endsleigh paid up :D

Suspended
OP
update -just had an email off them saying that they want the info that my police station doesnt give out crime reference numbers (as thats what i told em) **** it, ill ring my station (whene i find the number) and explain to em and get some info to give to endsleigh insurce. ENDLEIGH ARE SUCH ******* ***** (f and c words)

Back
Top Bottom