Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Yes and come October it’s going to be catastrophic for folks. I’m not sure if the government understands, if folks are spending all of their money on mortgages/rent and energy there won’t be an economy. How much is it over there?

my June bill was 54.90 ore per unit which is about (£1 = 12.5Kr) 5p Per KW. + tax 25% not much
519KWh cost me 31 quid (ish ....)
Jesus wept..... Not sure what Julys yet but...thank god for Hydroelectric.

my June bill was 54.90 ore per unit which is about (£1 = 12.5Kr) 5p Per KW. + tax 25% not much
519KWh cost me 31 quid (ish ....)
Jesus wept..... Not sure what Julys yet but...thank god for Hydroelectric.
A friend who is in the far north east of Norway paid 0.2p per kwh for his electric at the start of July due to the excess they have. His electric bill for June was £18

I don't think we need Martin Lewis to tell us things are going to get a whole lot worse. A pity that at the crucial times he was advising everyone to stay on the SVT or go onto the SVT when their fixes ended.
We dont but he is making sure this stays in the news, people keep talking about it, he is on a raising awareness campaign and I applaud him for it.

This is the best fix I've been offered.

Elec:
SC: 47.86p /day
Unit rate: 57.72p /kwh

Gas:
SC 27.22p /day
Unit rate: 17.26p / kwh

:eek: :(
How long for? the numbers are horrid, but if its at least 18 months it wouldnt be the worst idea. Remember starting from October SVR will go up every 3 months instead of every 6. Despite some predicting we will peak in winter, I cant see prices stabilising until either serious regulation or a significant change on energy sourcing policies (move to state ownership).

Its not the exit fee thats an issue its the penalty your new supplier has to pay to your old one if you switch
Its been bumped up and basically means there cannot be any cheap deals even if the price plummets as your new vendor will have to pay a really hefty premium to your old one
I will bow to your knowledge on this as it is the 1st I have heard. so you are saying hypothetically if I tried to leave octopus now octopus would not charge me but no one else would take me on as octopus would charge them? if so they keep that quiet in their bumpf where they tell you fixed with them is risk free

I will bow to your knowledge on this as it is the 1st I have heard. so you are saying hypothetically if I tried to leave octopus now octopus would not charge me but no one else would take me on as octopus would charge them? if so they keep that quiet in their bumpf where they tell you fixed with them is risk free

Yes its part of the switching rules.
So Octopus wont charge you to leave their tariff but they can (not saying they do) charge your new supplier

This got put up recently, I cant find the article now but it was discussed on here, I have linked the article before
IIRC your new supplier has to compensate at something like 80% of the difference you would pay

So Octopus wont charge you to leave their tariff but they can (not saying they do) charge your new supplier

This got put up recently, I cant find the article now but it was discussed on here, I have linked the article before
IIRC your new supplier has to compensate at something like 80% of the difference you would pay
that sucks and is a little dishonest in their marketing then. that being said octopus would love me to leave my fixed.... not gonna tho, they are stuck with me till April 2023 for leccy and October 23 for gas and in that time they are losing a lot. I just hope they don't go under (don't think they will as they are more than just a 3rd party energy seller they have shares in generation and other stuff too.

Not to mention Octopus fixed deals are pretty poor compared to eon etc. so arguably they dont need to charge exit fees as they have increased margin on their fixed. The good things about octopus are agile, go, loyalty discount etc. But their fixed deals are meh.

I would be very interested in this article if you can find it. Are you sure you arent confusing this with the faster switching compensation rules which covered a fixed payment if the switch wasnt completed in a fixed timeframe, and also if the final/first bills arent received within a fixed timeframe or if the customer is moved to another supplier in error.

Not to mention Octopus fixed deals are pretty poor compared to eon etc. so arguably they dont need to charge exit fees as they have increased margin on their fixed. The good things about octopus are agile, go, loyalty discount etc. But their fixed deals are meh.
I know a few people with octopus who have also had the horrific prices which makes me think ocotpus are expecting prices to rocket higher so are trying to lock people into expensive contracts now to cover the increases and if the prices fall then they have people locked in on higher prices to recoup some of the damage this crisis is doing to profitability

I would be very interested in this article if you can find it. Are you sure you arent confusing this with the faster switching compensation rules which covered a fixed payment if the switch wasnt completed in a fixed timeframe, and also if the final/first bills arent received within a fixed timeframe or if the customer is moved to another supplier in error.

I looked earlier and cant find it again, and no I am not confusing it
Its a supplier to supplier compensation which I had never heard of until it was recently changed (put up significantly)

I did get another months grace when I paid the last payment two days before my package ended with Eon.

Was on 18p now 29p -and 29p up to 49p daily charge - Down to £22 in credit.

From Midnight to now I have used a £1 in leccy = 3.94 kWh. My average daily usage is usually around £2 (or was)

I looked earlier and cant find it again, and no I am not confusing it
Its a supplier to supplier compensation which I had never heard of until it was recently changed (put up significantly)
The reason i ask is because Change of supply, erroneous transfers, and the surrounding regulation was my bread and butter for about 10 years and i still keep my nose in that work from time to time and i've never heard of 1 supplier compensating another supplier if the customer switches to them. There are some instances where one supplier will cover some costs to a customer who has moved to another but thats specifically around Erroneous Transfers which is regulated out the ****

Back
Top Bottom