ENGINE MISFIRE HELP Vauxhall Corsa 2015 1.4 Petrol

Associate
OP
Can’t see an 02 sensor being relevant to a faulty coil pack, get that changed also and I think you should be good to go.
Coil pack + Spark plugs + service already been done with codes cleared, and this did solve everything until today.

Yeah, I am hoping this error is just going to be an O2 sensor. Can't check till Saturday, I'll update.

Soldato
Aren’t these stick coils? I did one on an 2016 corsa years ago after the coil failed.

Retrace the misfire and try to find it to a specific cylinder by checking plugs for signs of fouling and Rich running. You could’ve replaced the coil for the wrong cylinder which won’t solve it.

Associate
OP
Aren’t these stick coils? I did one on an 2016 corsa years ago after the coil failed.

Retrace the misfire and try to find it to a specific cylinder by checking plugs for signs of fouling and Rich running. You could’ve replaced the coil for the wrong cylinder which won’t solve it.
The coil pack comes as one; it is not individual. All four were replaced.

The car sounds, drives and runs amazingly now, so I'd put it down to the O2 sensor fault we had before. It's not misfiring or anything - but I need to read codes on OBD2.

Permabanned
The O2 sensor won't have liked the dousing in unburnt fuel. A damned good thrashing down the motorway may heat it up enough to clean it off, but sometimes it doesn't work and they need renewing. Without depressing you a bad misfire can knacker the catalytic converter and if the car has two O2 sensors the one AFTER the cat will show a fault as the cat is no longer working properly. Again a good thrashing sometimes works. Good luck!!

Associate
OP
The O2 sensor won't have liked the dousing in unburnt fuel. A damned good thrashing down the motorway may heat it up enough to clean it off, but sometimes it doesn't work and they need renewing. Without depressing you a bad misfire can knacker the catalytic converter and if the car has two O2 sensors the one AFTER the cat will show a fault as the cat is no longer working properly. Again a good thrashing sometimes works. Good luck!!
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, that doesn't sound great. Sensor 2 is showing as a fault, so this would be the one AFTER the cat converter. I have a new one on order. I hope the cat converter is still fine - I'll replace the sensor, then make sure it has a blast up and down a dual carriage way and/or a good drive to help resolve it. Thank you!

Soldato
I hope the cat converter is still fine - I'll replace the sensor,
cat's are cheaper than I though payed <£300 on bmw 6, last MOT .... when I initially thought it was sensor had been pretty worried I would sheer off the oxygen sensor extracting that,
but your cars not so old so shouldn't be too corroded, nonetheless prep well.

Caporegime
cat's are cheaper than I though payed <£300 on bmw 6, last MOT .... when I initially thought it was sensor had been pretty worried I would sheer off the oxygen sensor extracting that,

eh?

Soldato
guess you've never looked at/contemplated removing an O2 sensor

e: which were also something like £80 each for me so 2/3 price of a cat

Last edited:
Associate
OP

guess you've never looked at/contemplated removing an O2 sensor

e: which were also something like £80 each for me so 2/3 price of a cat
O2 sensor was £60....

It's being fitted tomorrow hopefully, should resolve everything... car should drive fine without replacing it, just with the light but of course would fail MOT so getting it sorted.

Back
Top Bottom