Engine Rebuild Pics!!!

Soldato
Almost finished my entire engine rebuild on the mr2. :D

Just got clutch, gearbox, some more polishing and some wiring to do and thats me!

-JE 86.5mm oversize pistons
-Greddy TD06 20g Turbo
-Greddy Intercooler
-540cc injectors
-1mm mls headgasket
-Lightened and balanced crank and rods
-Apexi PowerFC

400bhp here I come! :D

rebuild12.jpg

rebuild11.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Mmm nice, are they high compression pistons or have u had the head skimmed. Havnt you cammed or ported, or is that soon to be done. but looks like your doing a good job, post some vids when its done!

Soldato
OP
[huzeeee] said:
Mmm nice, are they high compression pistons or have u had the head skimmed. Havnt you cammed or ported, or is that soon to be done. but looks like your doing a good job, post some vids when its done!

The head has been skimmed. When I can afford it I'm getting a rev3 head and getting work done to it. But tbh, if I hit 400bhp and it's gonna be reliable I doubt I'll do anything else to it! :D

Soldato
are the 540's going to give you enough fuel?

one of my mates fitted a PE1919t and at 1.2bar he was out of fuel at 5000rpm - had to go with 800's.

not sure how the PE1919 compares to the TD06 20g though ;)

Soldato
OP
spaceman said:
are the 540's going to give you enough fuel?

540cc's max out at 430 flywheel horse power approx. So if thats the case I'm not worried as thats more than enough! I don't think I'll need to upgrade tho as there are quite a few other guys running the same setup without any problems.

Matt82 said:
can i ask why it had to be rebuilt?

Long story but I had an "ex-friend" map the car using his ears as detcans and no wideband which resulted in a melted piston. So I decided to go all out this time :)

Caporegime
Vipernet said:
Long story but I had an "ex-friend" map the car using his ears as detcans and no wideband which resulted in a melted piston. So I decided to go all out this time :)
Doh,

what was he using? His toes on the engine?

Back
Top Bottom