England warm up games **Spoilers**

Man of Honour
OP
deSade said:
I'd put G Neville with those as well. I know loads of people hate him - but he does a job for club & country. :)
I'd agree, that still leaves the majority of England's finest who fail to turn club form into country form. Beckham has apparently been outstanding at RM...

Man of Honour
OP
ballistic said:
he hasn't played a premiership game, even adebayour has ahead of him, this entails he's crap and not good enough yet
This entails you know very little. You could say he's not good enough yet but you can't say he's crap, as you haven't seen him play:)

Man of Honour
OP
quackers said:
edit: 125/1 Might be worth a punt
I'd happily give you more;)
Vandle said:
He didnt win many headers and I dont think he won one up against a defender with his back to goal.
I counted one, but to be honest he doesn't have to win them just put the defender under pressure so he just nods it down into the midfield where we picked up the majority of ball anyway:)
He is alarmingly poor in the air for a tall lad though :o
Vandle said:
As someone mentioned above Sol was awful , slow and cumbersome , decent forwards would have ran him ragged.
Agree with that, 4yrs ago he was named in the team of the WC (rightly so) he looks awful now:(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I think his awkward Bambiness will have the same effect against most defenders. He doesn't actually need to win the back to goal balls, just make sure the defender has little control over where it goes. With Lamps & Gerrard in midfield we should pick up most loose balls anyway:)
He was conspicuous by his absence from corners though, one flick on was it?

Back
Top Bottom