Enthoo Pro M

Associate
Hi just built a new system in this case using a Gigabyte Aorus Pro board and Intel 9700k.
So far happy with how it runs etc.... except for one silly but annoying thing. The LED of the power switch in this case is run from a cable linked to the SATA 12v hard drive lines. This means that it is independent from the case and the Gigabyte RGB Fusion control.

I can live with this so far as I will most probably stick to a blue light theme and keep it rather low key. The annoying bit however is the brightness of the power switch LED, it shines like a beacon in the night and captures all attention when trying to concentrate on the screen. After that mammoth background , the questions are :-

1) Is there any way to lower the brightness of this LED other than to turn it off ?
2) Is there any way to take the power to this away from the SATA 12v connection and rather take a line from the pins on the Gigabyte MB... this has both 12v 3 pin and 4 pin options.

Any suggestions or advice much appreciated,

Associate
OP
Well this was fun, I was told it was not possible ..... however Phanteks sell a cable that has a MB 4 pin on one end and two LED type male and female on the other for under £4. All you have to do is ... turn the power switch LED off via the case control. Then unhook the SATA power and replace it by connecting to the LED end of this adapter cable, having plugged the 4 pin into the 4 pin 12v LED connection on the MB. Now the MB and RGB Fusion control the entire game...including brightness and colour. Strange thing is Overclockers sell the cable but it was their sales line guy that told me it was not possible ! Welcome to the game of product knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom