• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Epeens - UNITE! - A graphics card upgrade query

Associate
OP
I have looked through the stock and found these two bgrade cards that match your budget,

YOUR BASKET
1 x **B Grade** MSI GeForce GTX 650 Black Knight OC 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express G (GX-187-MS) £59.99
1 x **B Grade** Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 7850 OC Windforce 2X 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card w/ Nexuiz, Sleeping Dogs & Dirt Showd (GX-100-GI) £49.99
Total : £109.98 (includes shipping : ).

But i would want more power and so see what you can find 2nd hand.

It's weird. You're linking me the B grade stuff but when I click on clearance lines nothing shows.

Associate
OP
Soldato
Is it not the slot it goes within that I should be measuring?

(again, sorry for noobness)

The slot size isn't important: all modern graphic cards will fit in the same slot.

There's a big difference in physical size between media centre cards like the one you have now, and gaming cards. Gaming cards are usually much longer, and you might not be physically able to fit them inside cheaper cases.

Here's an example of the size differences:
QhTufUS.jpg

This is why people are telling you to look inside your case and measure the space you have available in your case for the card.

Associate
OP
The slot size isn't important: all modern graphic cards will fit in the same slot.

There's a big difference in physical size between media centre cards like the one you have now, and gaming cards. Gaming cards are usually much longer, and you might not be physically able to fit them inside cheaper cases.

Here's an example of the size differences:
QhTufUS.jpg

This is why people are telling you to look inside your case and measure the space you have available in your case for the card.

That seems so obvious now you've pointed it out. Derp.

Thanks for clearing that up you'd be amazed how many people I've asked if the slot is big enough. No pun intended.

Thanks man :)

Back
Top Bottom