EPoX EP-8NPA SLI

Associate
I almost got that board but ended up getting the Asrock K8SLI-ESATA2, similar 754 SLI board but with a ULI chipset.

Think i should have gone with the Epox though, think you can do 3.1v on the VDIMM :)

Associate
Epox is good but harder to get and more expensive than the Asrock K8SLI-ESATA2 which is spectacularly cheap and easy to get.

Expect to be able to find 3rd party bios updates and solder tricks as well.

Man of Honour
I have the Epox and it is excellent apart from one thing. You can put 3.1v through the memory but only 0.5v extra through the cpu. It is not hard to get at all. I got mine in November and it is still in stock in at least two UK online retailers for £65.

Soldato
You can put 3.1v through the memory but only 0.5v extra through the cpu

only 0.5 extra?? i am assuming that you max out at 1.55 volts then!

if so then that is terrible for overclocking, have you tried a different bios?

Man of Honour
That IS the latest bios. I got the bios revisions as soon as each one came out. Actually i think the vdimm maxes out at 3.3v now.

For some reason it is something to do with the board components not being able to take any more voltage according to Epox and they are not going to give us any more either. On the plus side my cpu is taking 1.55v so i can get it up to 1.6v max.

It gets me up to 2.795 ghz on air anyway. :D

Associate
Reading the reviews of the 754 & 939 boards theres not much in it, usually the same performance with the occasional exception were nvidia cards work better in SLI in some games with some drivers.

Back
Top Bottom