• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EPYC 4004 series. Something we can work with.

Soldato
Finally a successor to the Xeon E-12/20

Fingers crossed we get some reworked motherboards. 4x8 PCIE = take my money/instabuy for me.

Don
For those who like words rather than videos, there's some coverage here:

Certainly look ideal for Homelab/Unraid use as opposed to using actual desktop Ryzen chips - like you say, just need some reasonably priced workstation motherboards with decent feature sets.

Man of Honour
These could be very interesting, I had Opterons way back when, but the AIB board support and availability for the Xeon E has been very bad, so I wonder if these will be picked up widely.

Soldato
For those who like words rather than videos, there's some coverage here:

Certainly look ideal for Homelab/Unraid use as opposed to using actual desktop Ryzen chips - like you say, just need some reasonably priced workstation motherboards with decent feature sets.

Asrockrack already have 6 motherboards available :)

Soldato
OP
The issue for Intel is competing at sensible power use and reasonable price that turns a profit. Intels strategy is adding dedicated accelerators to its CPU package until they can produce a competitive CPU design.

Caporegime
Wait...

4364P 8 core 16 thread. $330

Ryzen 7 7700. $330

So you're getting enterprise level silicon binning with enterprise level features for the same money as retail?

Do they fit in AM5 Montherboards?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Wait...

4364P 8 core 16 thread. $330

Ryzen 7 7700. $330

So you're getting enterprise level silicon binning with enterprise level features for the same money as retail?

Do they fit in AM5 Montherboards?

No overclocking though. But yes, they should work in any AM5 board vender BIOS allowing.

Caporegime
No overclocking though. But yes, they should work in any AM5 board vender BIOS allowing.

I mean if you like put one in a retail motherboard.

Nice to see the price of that ^^^ come down, i have the B550 version of that board and paid £160 for it release price, its a really nice, good motherboard but $270 was a joke, $100 price hike...

Soldato
OP
I mean if you like put one in a retail motherboard.

Nice to see the price of that ^^^ come down, i have the B550 version of that board and paid £160 for it release price, its a really nice, good motherboard but $270 was a joke, $100 price hike...

Yeah it’s nice board for the money. I’m looking forward to see what the motherboard manufacturers produce.

Back
Top Bottom