Ergonomic chair for working at home

Associate
I work from home and have been using an Argos executive leather chair but am starting to find it uncomfortable and have been getting back and feet pain. Are executive chairs unsuitable for typing for long periods?

I've been thinking of upgrading to a more comfortable ergonomic chair and looking to spend around £150 - £250. Does anyone recommend the IKEA Markus for someone who's 6ft? If so is it worth upgrading to the Glose black Robust black version as it seems to have a different material to the standard version? Unfortunately I can't visit the store to try it out yet in since we're in lockdown. Also open to any other recommendations!

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought a refurbed Steelcase PleaseV2 for 199 notes. Most comfortable work chair I've ever used, and I've worked in lots of swanky offices with fancy Herman Millers and the the like.

It's perfect, the lower lumbar support is the best on the market.

Associate
Steelcase Please is an excellent chair though my seat cushion is getting a little thin now (which could easily be down to the age) but will look to get that reformed/flocked/foamed etc sometime this year.

Back
Top Bottom