• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Errr, new graphics card problem? 6970 lightning

Associate
Hello every one, got a massive red boxed 6970 delivered today... plugged it in... blank screen, after doing the usual driver reinstalls i opened up GPU-Z to see this...

fy8.png

i'm not an expert but those numbers arent good, especially when compared to the unlocked 6950 i was crossfiring with

h2u.png

Probably a stupid question but this needs to go back huh!!!

Dan

Associate
OP
I assume you've connected two 8 pin PCI-E power cables.

Try the new card by itself in the same PCI-E slot that your existing card was in.

Yup, its got the two 8 pins in and its in the top slot, i chucked out the 6950 from that (which was and still is working fine).

ill try swapping the cards just in case but the stats dont look promising huh

Associate
OP
Weirder, plugged it into slot 3 without the other card and managed to get a picture on it this time... But GPU Z Still showed it whacked! Windows still telling me problem with card, restarted and it's normal? Anyone got an explanation for that then? Lol

Do they take a while to warm up? Lol
Gna plug it back into slot one alone!

Associate
OP
8wf.png

Computers really bug me sometimes!! lol

now it appears to be working in the top slot, wonder if it was still using the 6950 drivers based on the that being in the slot previously (even though i did uninstall the cards from device manager and then the CCC)

Associate
OP
oooooook, so did some benching of the lightning on its own, then i put the 6950 back in and the problem has returned? any more ideas?

Associate
OP
Think i figured it out, somehow VNC was screwing with the new card, looked in system info and it had the VNC INF file loaded. Stupid thing!!!

Back
Top Bottom