Estimate Damage on Ka

Associate
I was driving my sisters car when someone crashed into the side of me i admit it was my fault i was driving a bit irresponsibly because i passed recently. The man who crashed into me didnt claim against me which was lucky , but there is a big dent in the side panel and i was wondering how much it would cost to get fixed my excess is 500 im i looking at over 500??

Soldato
I pulled a dent out the side of my dads car with a suction tile holder thing.....push on.....turn handle and pull like ****. Depends how bad it was really,in need of pics ;)

Soldato
You admitted fault but the 3rd party never claimed, how odd is that!

Also, the excess is £500, what about the increased insurance premium next year too?

It's a con that people do not claim because it cost's more.

Soldato
Its going to cost A LOT. i would think probably £800-1200 easily. but obviously depends on how bad the damage is. But if they have to get a new door, fit it, spray it, blend it with the front wing and back wing. I think in this instance you will need insurance. I just had a little scrape in my car and it was only a small thing on the center section of the bumper, yet its going to cost £400. and we're talking a tiny panel. For a door, i wouldn't like to imagine how much it'd be. Having said that, claiming 1200 (because his car was 800 quid to repair and you could proper barely see the damage) didn't push insurance up too much. CIS renewal was 860 quid (without including the accident), yet just went and got a quote from Asda insurance and WITH the accident it is £730 quid and WITHOUT it was only £700 quid. (i also have a KA, and obviously not due to my choice :cool: )

Soldato
Doesn't have to be expensive. The drivers door on Vixs MR2 has a couple of dings in it. Rather than spend time rubbing it down and filling, spraying etc I picked up a whole door complete with all the leccy window/central locking gubbins still attached for £40. By the time I've sold the window/components off her old door It'll have cost next to nothing.

Caporegime
Gaygle said:
I just had a little scrape in my car and it was only a small thing on the center section of the bumper, yet its going to cost £400. and we're talking a tiny panel.

£400 what is it a bullet hole or something, your definition of small thing must be diff to mine cause it shouldn't cost that much unless the bumper needed replacing.

Get a 2nd hand door, odds are you can get it in the right colour, if not doors are cheap should cost £150 / 200 to spray it.

Associate
OP
Morba said:
what happened, are you sure it was actually your fault?

Yes it was my fault no doubt in that. Ive just bin to the garage and they said it may be a write off then i went to another one and he says he can fix it by welding a handle to the panal and then pulling it out :confused:

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
At the end of last year I hit a deer, (or more accurately it ran into the side of me while I was driving along) and it dented the driver's side wing and passenger door, and smashed my wing mirror glass. Had both panels remoulded and sprayed and the driver's door sprayed for a better match, as well as replacement mirror glass for £480 all in. One panel should be considerably less.

Associate
OP
Morba said:
does he look dodgy?

any chance of seeing other work of his?
if so, then its much better than a write off.

so what happened :p

I made a wrong exit and did a sharp u turn across the white stripes :rolleyes: then a 330 hits me in the side

Associate
OP
Belmit said:
At the end of last year I hit a deer, (or more accurately it ran into the side of me while I was driving along) and it dented the driver's side wing and passenger door, and smashed my wing mirror glass. Had both panels remoulded and sprayed and the driver's door sprayed for a better match, as well as replacement mirror glass for £480 all in. One panel should be considerably less.

Was the deer ok :p

Back
Top Bottom