• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

eta on 3870 x2?

Caporegime
Just shows you how far ahead Nvidia are, with AMD/ATi having to slap 2x cards together to beat their single ones, what a gap in performance, and what a kick in the teeth to AMD/ATi it must be.

Man of Honour
I dont really care how many cores ati stick together, if its cheap and performs well then I'll buy it. I can see the 3890 coming out which will take the performance crown but NV will soon take it back with the 9800gtx. If ati can do the 3890 for half the price of the 9800 I know where my money will be going.

Soldato
the way their crossfire drivers have shaped up for me i can see the X2 being a nice product but it depends on pricing and 9800 performance.

if nv come out with a monster for under 400 they might be putting the hurt on again.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Just shows you how far ahead Nvidia are, with AMD/ATi having to slap 2x cards together to beat their single ones, what a gap in performance, and what a kick in the teeth to AMD/ATi it must be.

I couldn't care less. The more X2/SLI/Crossfire solutions come out then the more games will run ok with them. At the end of he day I want to buy a gfx card or cards that run a game. Whatever is the best bang for my buck will get my money. If that's a single GT, GTS, GTX or even an X2 ATI I don't much care.

Soldato
I couldn't care less. The more X2/SLI/Crossfire solutions come out then the more games will run ok with them. At the end of he day I want to buy a gfx card or cards that run a game. Whatever is the best bang for my buck will get my money. If that's a single GT, GTS, GTX or even an X2 ATI I don't much care.

Same here but Loadsa's yeardstick of how a company is performing seems to be based on whether they have the fastest card or not.

Newsflash - there's pretty much no money in the ultra high-end compared to the others.

Associate
I'll be eager to see some results when it's released.
But i'll also be waiting for the 8950 or 9950, then buy which ever is the quickest, be it ATI or NV (never owned an ATI before, so might be worth sticking my toes in the water). :)

Associate
500w Enermax may not be enough power it would be close for sure.

Gibbo when are these cards coming in if they great value for performance I am getting two in Crossfire X

J.D

J.D

Soldato

Same here but Loadsa's yeardstick of how a company is performing seems to be based on whether they have the fastest card or not.

Newsflash - there's pretty much no money in the ultra high-end compared to the others.

Well said!!. Loadsa's usually OK but his doomsday calling is beginning to be ever so tiring and painful to read as it's been over a year now. Get a new line Loadsa, you're like a broken parrot :D.

Back
Top Bottom