EU formal greeting

Soldato
I dont know if he is a good pick, I just checked if he was elected and he was. It took me 30 seconds. instead of listening to dribble from remainer's "unelected , unelected".

Soldato
Do you think he was a good pick? A good head of state for the largest political bloc on the planet?

He left law school and immediately got a job as a Parliamentary Secretary, he has never worked a day in business or achieved anything outside of Politics. Classic EU Politician.

Soldato
He left law school and immediately got a job as a Parliamentary Secretary, he has never worked a day in business or achieved anything outside of Politics. Classic EU Politician.
Yet the majority of each head of the European states proposed and nominated him for an election proposition to the European Parliament. Who's accountable? I suggest the populace, then and now; the locals made Juncker the Prime minister of the then biggest tax haven in Europe, Luxembourg.

Soldato
Yet the majority of each head of the European states proposed and nominated him for an election proposition to the European Parliament. Who's accountable? I suggest the populace, then and now; the locals they made Juncker the Prime minister of the then biggest tax haven in Europe, Luxembourg. What a guy.

These positions just need to be elected directly by the populace, with parties putting forward their nomination. Although with that said we won't be funding his salary, accommodation and "house hold expenses" for much longer.

Caporegime
These positions just need to be elected directly by the populace, with parties putting forward their nomination. Although with that said we won't be funding his salary, accommodation and "house hold expenses" for much longer.

You want the citizens (512 million) of 28 different countries to vote who should lead the EU? Yeah, can't see any flaw in that plan...

Soldato
You want the citizens (512 million) of 28 different countries to vote who should lead the EU? Yeah, can't see any flaw in that plan...

Well since America has 50 states and 350 million people I'd say it's doable? If the EU has out grown direct Democracy though, perhaps we should go to, I don't know, individual nation states?

Soldato
You can't see the most obvious flaw then.

Every country would want their own representative leading...

Countries don't have a representative, it's a party system, plus in the UK we've had Scottish PM's even though Scotland has way fewer people. I feel like people have an issue with Democracy which is deeply concerning and screams to me a lack of knowledge of history.

Caporegime
It used to be rotated every 6 months prior to 2009. Blair was EU president multiple times e.g.

You're getting yourself rather confused here, in your previous post you attributed a claim to me that I didn't make (Junker being unelected) and now in this post you've confused the President of the European Commission (the post Junker holds) with the President of the European Council (the post Blair held).

Soldato
The EU is practically run by an old drunk guy.

Can you imagine if Trump did this, it would be all over the news for weeks with hair rape allegations.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom