Euro Truck Simulator 2 worthy of purchase

Soldato
This game is a massive improvement on the first in terms of graphics/handling. I was able to configure the 360 controller fairly effectively.

I still get the impression though things seem to move a little too fast. The truck is going 55mph but the game makes it appear closer to 85mph which is a little off putting.

Associate
OP
I cant believe how much I love this game, I read this posy last night and was bored after Chelsea lost so I thought why not, 4 jobs down, no crashes I am loving this(demo mode still) and will look at buying it now, anyway of setting up the controller better as I dont want to use the keyboard at all really?

I am off to buy a large Thermos and make some sandwiches for the full experience!

Yea get a 360 controller and custom config your buttons to what eva you want to open options in game then controls and in second column click with mouse and press the relevant controller button. any more problems just ask ow and just a quick one turn down the sensitivity of the steering with a controller quite a bit makes for a more realistic experience and makes driving much easier

Soldato
Yea get a 360 controller and custom config your buttons to what eva you want to open options in game then controls and in second column click with mouse and press the relevant controller button. any more problems just ask ow and just a quick one turn down the sensitivity of the steering with a controller quite a bit makes for a more realistic experience and makes driving much easier

Can the configs be saved so they can be shared to make it easier for newcomers?

Edit:

Documents> Euro Truck Simulator 2> Profile> (random)> controls.sii

Can this be shared?

Anyone mind uploading theirs if they have done some tweaks to their config for 360 controller.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good point.

So hard to tell whether they'll work well with my sofa, its quite deep so I need the wheel to come fairly far into the sofa if you know what I mean, if I have to lean forward to reach the wheel it will most likely give me back ache as they'd be no back support.

You will have to email them and ask for measurements and then have a check for yourself, they are very very helpful.

Soldato
I just went from London to Carlisle, upon entering Carlisle it started raining so very realistic then I got a job to Liege and now after a few hours my neck is killing me and also the sat nav is a little devious and I took a wrong turn which made me late but I didn't lose out much so I will be buying this game and expecting some crazy mods, Royal Mail mod where everything turns up late or broken!

Wouldn't mind a van mod where you can just nip about with smaller items, basically a joyride.

One

One

Soldato

Perhaps I'm just terrible but I can't steer to save my life. I have sensitivity as far left as possible, turned up the deadzone so very rarely is my thumb resting and the steering doing anything. I think a big problem I have is input lag, I have at least a half a second input lag so it makes it very hard to drive like real life. I honestly think I'd be able to drive a lorry in real life better than I can in this game.

I don't know if there is an option to reduce steering input as the speed increases. It's just annoying because at 55mph I go to turn around a slight curve on the motorway and out of nowhere my wheel has been turned upside down and I start bouncing off the barriers, at 55mph on the motorway the wheel should never turn more than 90degrees and even that is probably too much.

I've done 3 missions, all of them I received no money or XP because I keep hitting things and other cars lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
What view do you have it on? I have it on 2 and there is a slight delay in turning as this isn't a car but a lorry with a trailer and shizzle, I never adjusted the steering myself and am loving it!

Soldato
Haha, funny.

Yeah I will email them both and see, cheers Burrows.

Are distances real? London to Bristol, in game time vs real?

No problem.

I haven't looked at the times to be honest, I presume they are and obviously it isn't 2 hours of real life time driving from London to Birmingham or anything but it is long enough to feel real.

I can not wait for the mods to get mental!

Back
Top Bottom