Euromillions

Soldato
The odds of winning the jackpot fall from one in 14 million to one in 45 million.
The odds of winning £25 for matching three numbers fall from 57 to one to 97 to one
The odds of winning about £100 for four numbers fall from about 1,000 to about 2,200 to one
Five balls will still win you about £1,000 but the odds have dropped from 55,000 to one to 144,000 to one
And five balls plus the bonus ball goes from 2.3 million to one to 7.5 million to one with no change to the estimated £50,000 you would win

Are all those odds not 'increasing' rather than falling?
I thought falling odds indicated a better chance at success?
Either way, lottery is in such an awful state since Camelot doubled the cost of the ticket, that people are buying far fewer tickets, the way to address this isn't with bigger jackpots, but it has become a necessity, as the jackpot figures now are of such an extent that anyone 'banking' the money will not be self supporting.

Madness.

Tea Drinker
Don
Interesting interview with Richard Desmond yesterday basically rubbishing the Lotto and what I didn't realise is that profits go to a Canadian pension fund.

May have been a bit biased but I certainly learnt something. Which isn't that hard.

Man of Honour
just watched the Euromillions draw and i got the first 2 numbers drawn.. started to think omg could this be it?
but then got no other numbers :(
should get my £2.50 stake back

Back
Top Bottom