EuropCar Rental - Incredibly Poor Service

Associate
Seriously, is it my luck today or is it something to do with the asteroid passing near-earth?

I paid for 7 days car rental from Europcar for delivery today at 5pm. Not only did they not turn up, I called them up to find out whats going on and the guy said his colleague made a mistake on my reservation and forgot to pass on my address to the delivery branch, but they've taken my payment anyway, and there's nothing he can do because the branch has now closed (?) :mad:

Associate
OP
I've now been on hold for 25 minutes with Europcar, he's now saying I have to pay a 2nd time for another car which will be delivered on Monday and then have to write in a complaint to claim a refund for this car that didn't turn up! He says there's nothing more he can do...

Absolutely Useless..

Soldato
Which branch and what car did you reserve?

Not surprising. Europcar is huge and with any huge company you'll get relatively more headless chickens working for them.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
well go elsewhere then, or get a cab

get a cab to go 220 miles... and survive off cabs when I'm on holiday in the countryside next week? :D

Been on the phone now for 40 minutes, he's arranged for it to arrive on Monday now, but wants me to call up the branch at 8.30am to ''remind them'' incase the information gets ''lost'' :confused:

Associate
OP
Been on the phone to Europcar now for an hour and 20 minutes... they sound absolutely clueless. I had to tell him find a branch able to deliver tonight and to call me back once it has been sorted, and that I also expect compensation for all the hassle. Not holding my breath.

Soldato
I hire around 20 times a year with Europcar and they're great. Like a lot of companies it comes down to your local branch/manager/staff. My manager regularly upgrades me for free if I say I'll be doing a lot of motorway driving for example.

Associate
Enterprise rent a car are open Saturday mornings from 9 to 12 for walk ins, find your nearest and give them a call in the morning. They will want to give you a car if they have one as otherwise they get charged a depreciation cost for each car on lot each day over the weekend, also they only charge you when your get the car.

Soldato
Been on the phone to Europcar now for an hour and 20 minutes... they sound absolutely clueless. I had to tell him find a branch able to deliver tonight and to call me back once it has been sorted, and that I also expect compensation for all the hassle. Not holding my breath.

They'll probably upgrade the car if it's a major branch.

I don't see why they cant get a car out to you, seeing as you've already been charged. I could understand if you still needed to pay. They outsource their deliveries to a separate company and I've transferred cars between various depots up to midnight sometimes. I'm assuming it's because you're not in London?

Last edited:
Soldato

Upgrades usually cost you a fortune in fuel compared to what you ordered, I wouldn't be happy if my 1.6l was upgraded to something 2l+ 2 ton car regardless of the equipment it came with if I was doing several hundred miles.

Associate
OP

I don't see why they cant get a car out to you, seeing as you've already been charged. I could understand if you still needed to pay. They outsource their deliveries to a separate company and I've transferred cars between various depots up to midnight sometimes. I'm assuming it's because you're not in London?

He said he's called all branches.. from Kings cross to Gatwick and no one will deliver to me tonight because it's late, even though I'm in London. Just not what you expect when you pay a reputable car company.

Associate
He said he's called all branches.. from Kings cross to Gatwick and no one will deliver to me tonight because it's late, even though I'm in London. Just not what you expect when you pay a reputable car company.

Why don't you just go and pick it up then............ or are you just trying to be the forum drama queen?

Associate
Seriously, is it my luck today or is it something to do with the asteroid passing near-earth?

I paid for 7 days car rental from Europcar for delivery today at 5pm. Not only did they not turn up, I called them up to find out whats going on and the guy said his colleague made a mistake on my reservation and forgot to pass on my address to the delivery branch, but they've taken my payment anyway, and there's nothing he can do because the branch has now closed (?) :mad:

Did you get the American guy in the suit of armer calling you sir ?

Back
Top Bottom