Eve Spectrum

Soldato
Just stumbled across this on another site. The pricing is very tempting but it's a little too close to 'too good to be true' for me. It's a shame there is no G-Sync but as a secondary monitor it could be great.

Man of Honour
the price is just for the monitor itself. no stand.
(granted you could get a vesa stand for less than 99 euro...but...)

Soldato
Personal experience from dabbing in on a couple of Kickstarter projects...very rarely do you get the product you are promised. Even if you do it is almost not worth the wait and agony in constantly chasing up on the status update as the company or the person behind the project will almost 100% have delays and put it down to design and development or unforeseen production issues.

my first Kickstarter was a novel mud guard. It was late by 6 months by which point I started to email to inquire on status as the project page stopped providing update and more and more people were asking what is going on. It took a further 3 months for the man to get in touch offer a refund or an additional £15 for delivery charge for the product to be sent. To which I simply said enough is enough and wanted money back. The product was sent out to very few remaining customers. I can see them on the street occasionally. But it never made it to the shops.

the second one was a action cam similar to go pro black equivalent. Had all sorts of bells and whistles. Anyway it was very attractive price. But it never took off or meet the threshold because of lots of high profile Kickstarter failure in the news people were scared probably. So got automatic refund.

the trouble with crowd sourced project is that there is no oversight, accountability or governance. In the first project they raised nearly £90k cash to put this rolled up mud guard into production in China. Some how they spent the money in the many month without having a single product being made. It is not the worst example but it was a clear case of the people behind just using the money to pay for their life style as opposed to making stuff to the investor. Technically they are not breaking any laws by doing that.

so in summary, wouldn’t touch Kickstarter with a barge pole. If the product is genuine, I am happy to wait for it to hit the shelf as they need to in order to turn a profit.

Associate
OP
Back
Top Bottom