Ever check your Pollen Filter?

Soldato
The pollen filter is an item which most garages neglect from what i've read!

I decided to have a look at mine the other day. The pictures speak for themselves :eek:

Aqzf8l.jpg

wk7Vpl.jpg

Gj2Pfl.jpg

I originally thought that the dirty pollen filter might be Carbon Activated, as those are a black colour. But I can't seem to find any for sale. So I think it's just a disgusting old one :p

Mine's one of those carbon ones so pretty much look like that when put in.

The main difference between a new and old one when I change mine is the weight.

I changed mine and it looked as though it was the original. Very black and a ton of leaves in the tubes, after replacing it the air out the vents was much nicer to breath in.

haha practically nothing gets through the blowers on my e36

i have to have the fan set to 3 to get anything coming through

cant wait to see the state of that filter :P

Funny you should post this thread, just arranged to get my car serviced at Audi and they gave me the option of changing the pollen filter but would cost me an extra £40. I said no, think I may reconsider. The cars had a full service history so should be able to check when it was last changed, however I've done nearly 20k miles in 20 months, so might need doing anyway.

MW

Funny you should post this thread, just arranged to get my car serviced at Audi and they gave me the option of changing the pollen filter but would cost me an extra £40. I said no, think I may reconsider. The cars had a full service history so should be able to check when it was last changed, however I've done nearly 20k miles in 20 months, so might need doing anyway.

MW

Change it yourself, the part itself costs about £10 - £15 and takes 30 seconds.

MW

If its like my VW, its under the glove compartment, a few clips hold a cover in place and you can then see the bottom of the filter (it is vertical and just drops/slides out). Takes no time to either clean or replace.

Back
Top Bottom