Ever refused to pay for medication at the vets?

Caporegime
There are very good reasons why drugs are either prescription free or prescription only you know? Like they can kill you given to the wrong patient.

You mean like alcohol, which kills how many thousands of people? Or perhaps nicotine, a highly toxic substance that is more poisonous than ricin?

The public do not need a nanny state. There is simply no need for a prescription system that allows vets to charge massive amounts for drugs or prescriptions.

Last edited:
Soldato
You mean like alcohol, which kills how many thousands of people? Or perhaps nicotine, a highly toxic substance that is more poisonous than ricin?

The public do not need a nanny state. There is simply no need for a prescription system that allows vets to charge massive amounts for drugs or prescriptions.
Yes they do. Otherwise sign me up doc for copious amounts of medical grade amphetamines and cocaine. I will gladly pay the going prescription rate.

Caporegime
Yes they do. Otherwise sign me up doc for copious amounts of medical grade amphetamines and cocaine. I will gladly pay the going prescription rate.

Do you really want to be treated like a baby where someone tells you can't eat fast food or drink alcohol as well? What you do with your own body is up to you.

Fyi a doctor would never write you a prescription for amphetamines, and cocaine is not available on prescription.

If you had been bothering to read the thread, you'd know I was advocating a prescription free system, so you would not even need one to buy drugs. It would take a huge burden off the NHS as well.

Soldato
Do you really want to be treated like a baby where someone tells you can't eat fast food or drink alcohol as well? What you do with your own body is up to you.

Fyi a doctor would never write you a prescription for amphetamines, and cocaine is not available on prescription.

If you had been bothering to read the thread, you'd know I was advocating a prescription free system, so you would not even need one to buy drugs. It would take a huge burden off the NHS as well.
What, the thread about vet prescription prices and not a rant about the NHS, that thread?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Lol prescription free.....few years later...well sorry everyone due to your stupidly taking a half course of asorted antibiotics everytime you got a cold now means we're seeing widespread drug resistant epidemics.

Good job.

Bur shock as drug addict is annoyed he cant buy his drugs without conning a doctor

Soldato
Lol prescription free.....few years later...well sorry everyone due to your stupidly taking a half course of asorted antibiotics everytime you got a cold now means we're seeing widespread drug resistant epidemics.

Good job.
That will happen due to China misusing them no matter what we do.

Soldato
Re jabs changing prices every year. Find a better vet. Our cats have been the same price every year.

As for sourcing drugs on Amazon. They can't event guarantee genuine memory cards are sold there, let alone drugs.

Associate
I'm not of generation ********* and don't suffer from paranoid conspiracy theories, but what I do know,for a fact, is that the drug we buy from Amazon has kept our dog alive for well over a year. Much more than we could ever have hoped for when we started her on it.

It's also freely available to buy at Tesco, Waitrose, Petsathome etc etc. Not that an unscrupulous vet would ever tell you that.

Some people are just willing to be taken to the cleaners, regardless

Caporegime

Good job.

Bur shock as drug addict is annoyed he cant buy his drugs without conning a doctor

Tefal in ad hominem shocker yet again. Maybe try coming up with a credible rebuttal for once? If you support the war on drugs as your post implies then you're beyond debating anyway.

Obviously for public health matters anti-infective drugs like antibiotics would need to be controlled, but that does not apply to 99% of medications.

What, the thread about vet prescription prices and not a rant about the NHS, that thread?

What are you on about? I referred to the cost of veterinary drugs in relation to requiring a prescription.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not of generation ********* and don't suffer from paranoid conspiracy theories, but what I do know,for a fact, is that the drug we buy from Amazon has kept our dog alive for well over a year. Much more than we could ever have hoped for when we started her on it.

It's also freely available to buy at Tesco, Waitrose, Petsathome etc etc. Not that an unscrupulous vet would ever tell you that.

Some people are just willing to be taken to the cleaners, regardless
fair enough, I'm just saying you have to be 100% sure you're buying genuine medication. we've all heard the stories of people buying pills online and them turning out to be something completely different.

as for being taken to the cleaners, wouldn't know our insurance has picked up everything to date.

i'd bet your local pharmacy wouldn't tell you if your own medication was cheaper elsewhere either.

Caporegime
Tefal in ad hominem shocker yet again. Maybe try coming up with a credible rebuttal for once? If you support the war on drugs as your post implies then you're beyond debating anyway.

Obviously for public health matters anti-infective drugs like antibiotics would need to be controlled, but that does not apply to 99% of medications.

What are you on about? I referred to the cost of veterinary drugs in relation to requiring a prescription.

Really. Why the hell do pahrmacists have to go to uni for several years to be trained? You do realise that one drug can be perfectly safe but when taken with another drug have serious side affects and even become deadly?

That is why the person or animal is assessed first and the medical history is taken before the correct drug is then percribed. Even then things can go wrong.

My gf ended up in hospital after a fall and head injury and later on her go messed up and put her on a drug which reacted with the drugs the hospital perscibed. She was having dizzy spells, passing out and her vision was becoming more and more blurred. She thought she might even have detached retinas. Turns out it was the two drugs all along.

Caporegime

Ok well i did come up with a credible rebuttle.

Antibiotics.

And you immediately changed your stabce from "persvription free society" to "well ok we wpuld need perscriptions and controls"

Youve changrd your entire stance.

Seemes a pretty damn effective rebuttal to me.

Caporegime
But more specifically youre putti g it forward as if people will use it legitimatley they wont.

Lets use you, all high minded rheteoric aside you want this so you csn biy benzos.

Same as a lot of people want.

Now whats going to happen is lots of people will biy them take them bedore they go out so they feel relaxed and confident then drink a load of alcohol and subsequently die.

I tend to hang out mostly in the gay scene and the amount of idiots ive had to sit and mind because they mixed gbl/ghb with alxohol is ridiculous.

Legal codine, morphine, benzos etc would just be a massive disaster.

As any sane person could see, but your blinded by your addiction.

Im not for the war on drugs id support legalising rhe more safe things like canabis and mdma (21 for canabis though).

Bur not coke or heroin etc

Caporegime
Tefal from past conversations I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that your history of drug use is far more extensive than mine, so you can quit the trolling.

I have always maintained a consistent position that drug controls should be removed aside from a few special cases such as antibiotics and antivirals because of the numerous socioeconomic benefits, so no I haven't changed stance in response to you. The best you can come up with is an anecdote about your experiences on the gay scene and to paraphrase, "any sane person could see it would be a massive disaster". Not very convincing to me honestly, to use your example of benzodiazepines which you seem to love bringing up so much, they actually were legal until the legal high bans came into effect, without the so called disaster scenario occurring. I make no assertions that people would use all drugs legitimately (whatever that means), that is not a factor in my argument.

Anyway this is largely irrelevant to the topic of this thread, this is a case where the economic advantages of not requiring a prescription for medications would be more evident.

Associate
Vet's (the majority) are ripping the general public off left, right and centre. They have you firmly by the emotions.

People who don't have a clue will argue (and try to justify) otherwise, it's just typical of internet forum debate.

Back
Top Bottom