Everton and zero money - Updated 17/11/23

Caporegime
I said I find it a bit mental that rich investors don't go for a club like Everton, I kind of stand by that. Everton would be a ~good club for a rich investor.

I understand completely the benefits and why someone would invest in Reading.

Soldato
Don't even go there!

*sigh*

sry mate :(.

know there have been numerous posts around thats its to do with kenwright and i can't see its anything but that, number of investors that have come into the prem in the time he's been "looking" for someone.

moyes has done a good job keeping them in the prem season after season, ok he's wasted money on some transfers but most managers have, and i think thats balanced out with him doing as well as he has.

Caporegime
Caporegime
giphy.gif

200.gif

Last edited:
Caporegime
"His football knowledge, financial wherewithal and true blue spirit have convinced me he is the right man."

LOL

Once a blue always a blue ;)

Perhaps it's really Iranian comic Omid Djalli to form a double act with the Spanish Joker.

Associate
I'm hopeful this is going to work and is what we've been waiting for to make some serious challenges for silverware.

Soldato
I'm hopeful this is going to work and is what we've been waiting for to make some serious challenges for silverware.

Yeh fingers crossed! Hopefully we can get a new stadium funded too. I'd rather this guy coming in than a bunch of Americans or Chinese who know nothing about the league. Reading around, it seems like he's in it for the right reasons and leaving Kenwright in charge for the time being is good.

Caporegime
I love the newspaper figures...

That investment could amount to £100m eventually, with the former Arsenal stakeholder keen to reinvest the £200m he made form the sale of his shares in the Gunners last week.

He did re-invest a lot of that 200m already buying the stake he has. You will have to forgive me, I'm a cynic. I don't believe he's worth enough on his own to make us top 4 challengers regularly, but financial stability is always nice.

Caporegime
I don't think he'd be the sort of person to liquidate his own assets and pump cash in any football club.

I imagine he'll inject some cash for on field, but off field is where he'll probably focus. I imagine once a conslusive stadium plan is drawn up then he'll increase his share and then who ever else is backing up the stadium plan will take the remaining shares.

The thing about this guy is that he's on another level to Kenwright, Woods and Elstone. The people who he's friends with, deals and works with will offer a completely different level of business.

No more 5p Chang sponsorship and the likes.

Don
Do you honestly think he'll be pumping cash into a club he currently only owns half of? Can't see it myself. Furthermore, FFP means you could be owned by Bill Gates and you still will only be able to spend the same as you can now.

As well as improving the commercial running of the club, the only place he could make a significant difference is funding the stadium situation but as above, it's highly unlikely that he'll be putting his own cash into the club while he only owns half of it.

Caporegime
Do you honestly think he'll be pumping cash into a club he currently only owns half of? Can't see it myself. Furthermore, FFP means you could be owned by Bill Gates and you still will only be able to spend the same as you can now.

As well as improving the commercial running of the club, the only place he could make a significant difference is funding the stadium situation but as above, it's highly unlikely that he'll be putting his own cash into the club while he only owns half of it.

FFP does nothing to stop you spending by injecting money as it stands.

It screws you if you're making heavy genuine losses but that is about it. New guy comes in and sorts out a sponsorship deal providing 50mil more a year... absolutely fine. Pays for a new stadium which increases earnings by 50mil a year, fine. Can currently directly inject 30mil cash a year outside of the other easier ways of doing it like sponsorship.

This was the current rules where the first year you could be punished for breaking it would be this year, they still don't appear to actually have established the rules/fines/points that may get deducted because everyone stopped caring about it.

UEFA are a little stricter in that they said you'd be thrown out of the competition for breaking basically the same limit structure(except the wages increase rule) as the prem league ffp... but after the PSG court case Uefa FFP appears to be letting itself go. Basically the exceptionally corrupt Platini saw PSG were getting screwed the worst and scaring off investment in other French teams and tried to undo the damage he was doing to the French league.

For someone with serious money, investing in a team is incredibly easy. City did it, jack up sponsorship with deals through other businesses you own or your mate owns.... that is about it. The only way FFP really hurts you is the trying to get to the top by getting into massive debt on the hopes you might make that money back in the future. It does absolutely nothing to stop super rich owners making their clubs rich.

Don
I never said you can't spend money that's injected into the club. I said that FFP won't allow Everton to spend any more with this owner than they could under the old ownership or even under Bill Gates. They have to meet the FFP requirements.

And this guy isn't anything like City's owners. There won't be any massive dodgy sponsorships or £m's of free cash thrown at a stadium. As I said, he might be in a better position to run the club better and get Everton bigger, genuine sponsors but that's about it.

Also regarding the leeway with FFP. It's £105m for the first 3 years (I'm not sure if that gradually decreases or not) but has to be covered by an equity injection. Is Moshiri just going to inject this into the club for nothing or will the other shareholders be happy to have their holding diluted?

Like I initially said, while he only owns half the club this idea of masses of cash being pumped into the club is fanciful to say the least.

Caporegime
Richard Buxton ‏@RichardBuxton_ 4m4 minutes ago
#efc secured £75m new commercial revenue in past 6wks, Elstone confirms

Everton ‏@Everton 3m3 minutes ago
| Mr Elstone has said it's expected that the value of the Club’s next shirt sponsorship deal will increase by 300 per cent.

Everton ‏@Everton 3m3 minutes ago
| The Club can announce a significant new title sponsor partnership has been agreed for the Finch Farm training ground and Academy.

We have some money now then! :eek: :cool:

Don
Seeing your posts and the reaction of Evertonian's on twitter I was expecting something major then I read the article. The £75m figure is spread over 5 years and covers both the shirt and training ground deal - in other words £15m per year.

Caporegime
Given we get something like £6m at the moment it's a bit of a step up for us! Haha

I believe after City and PSG owners using sponsorship to give themselves huge monies to spend UEFA measure 'fair market value' of sponsorship in order to stop that sort of thing happening now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom