evga 680i cpu temps?

Associate
Hi Guys,

Sorry another... are these temps to high thread,

Ok followed the link peahead put up for me...and know i'm running my 6600 conroe @ 3.2 mhz with the following voltages

cpu core 1.375V
cpu fsb 1.5V
Nforce spp 1.50V
Memory 2.1V

When i run s&m at full load i'm getting a reading in TAT of 57 C
In Orthos it's around 55C and just surfing the net around 45/47C

I think they seem a little high considering i'm using a corsair nautilus 500 water kit , granted it's not a custom water setup ..but surely i should be seeing better temps than this? i also noticed before i updated the bios to the latest p24 that it was reading 27c when idle...a lot lower than now.

Any advice appreciated.

Regards N.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The new P24 bios corrects a mis-reading of the bios temp. The previous bios temp readings were well out. This will not however have any bearing on the temp TAT gives you as it takes its temperature direct from the CPU and not the motherboard.

Those temps do not seem too high considering the corsair kit is not much (if any) better than high-end air.

Associate
OP
w3bbo said:
The new P24 bios corrects a mis-reading of the bios temp. The previous bios temp readings were well out. This will not however have any bearing on the temp TAT gives you as it takes its temperature direct from the CPU and not the motherboard.

Those temps do not seem too high considering the corsair kit is not much (if any) better than high-end air.

Hiya...thanks for the reply, ahhhh i see, thought it was a cracking water kit before i updated the bios *lol*
Me thinks i'll have to purchase a Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultra+ Watercooling kit instead.

Regards N.

Associate
OP
w3bbo said:
Yes I would think it would.

Thanks for the reply, think i may well order one of those then....only downside being i would need to change ram as the heatsink on the corsair memory will make it impossible to fit :(
do you think i'd be able to run 3.4mhz with team extreme memory @ 4/4/4/12 2t ?

Regards N.

Man of Honour
You can run the memory at stock speed with the 680i or whatever speed you set it to independent of FSB. If your worried about the size of the memory modules (dominator I presume) I would swap you my 2gigs of xms2 C4 corsair (4-4-4-12), lemme know via email(in my trust) if your interested.

Back
Top Bottom