EVGA Classified X58 ( Cannot seriously be the price, can it ? )

Associate
I know its pre order but that cannot seriously be the price of that motherboard ?

Surely its going to be a different price when they come into stock ? Its £100 more than the next best board which is no different in performance ?

Please say it isnt so because i really want the EVGA board as it matches the theme of my new build.

Associate
Classified is for extreme overclocking not for looking pretty

Yes that is the price and if your serious about OCing its worh every penny (oh and it does look sweet but that should be an added bonus not your main insentive for getting it). You just need to look at what this board is doing with the D0 stepping 920, Xeons and you know its worth the asking price, it was co-developed by Shamino for gods sake. Most extreme overclockers have dumped their previous hardware in favour of this.

If you want the Classified on the cheap wait for the E760 version to hit the UK (the version without the nForce 200 chip). It seems to be a little less consistent when overcloking and running fully loaded (Tri SLI + dedicated PhysX + Soundcard or Quad SLI + dedicated PhysX + NIC + soundcard) but its still a pretty good board nd has on occasion overclocked as well or almost aswell as its big brother. Be warned though the board could be and probably will be in the £300+ price range.

If you want a board that looks "pretty" try the R2E or if it has to be red/black get the Foxconn Bloodrage. If your serious about overclocking then get the Classified (but dont moan about the price, sure it be great if it was cheaper but its not and for a good reason).

Caporegime
To be fair most people buying that board will be buying high end cpus, multi high end graphics cards and the best memory to get the max out of it so the mobo price is just a very small part of the overall cost.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
yes it really is

it is the highest end motherboard ever made

it goes without saying that it will be priced accordingly
if you are going to do some extreme overclocking or require multi gpu support for a 30" screen then you need to be looking at the classified

unless you specifically require any of its features - then it makes no sense to get one

i would have one tomorrow if i had the money :)

Associate
OP
I do overclock but this board is nowhere near worth the price they are asking. The overclocks its been acheiving are not particularly great. No better than the Rampage II Extreme or Blood Rage infact.

I know Evga are stupid and always way overcharge for their products but they have taken it too far this time. The board looks very pretty but thats all. Looks like ill be waiting to see how much it comes down in price when they fianlly arrive in the UK after the price gouging is over. Should expect to see it drop in price by around £70-80 or there abouts.

Soldato
For that price I would want 5ghz on air, anything less then a total waste of money, I laugh at the people who get suckered into buying them because they cost the most lol. :D

Associate
OP
The problem is that it doesnt overclock better than the other top boards, It doesnt bring anything extra in Triple SLI or Quadfire either so its not actually giving any benefits over the other two top boards.

Its simply Evga way overpricing another of their products,

Associate
Well how can you be soo sure.. that it wont overclock above the high end boards right now... the board hasn't even been released yet in the UK and is pretty rare in the US. IMO I think this board will be awesome... when some heavy overclockers get there hands on them. On the other hand i think that the price is kinda ridculous.. maybe around 300-320 would be suitable.

Well im looking to get it... i say if you have the money get it :D

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Because there are plenty of guys over on XS have it and none of the overclocks have been any more impressive than the bloodrage or rampage II extreme.

Its a shame because i really want to buy it but im not gonna be stupid enough to pay such an extrortionate price for something that doesnt give any benefits over its rival boards.

Back
Top Bottom