Evga G3 vs p2

Associate
Hey all, hope all is well.

Just a quick question, I'm going for a 750w power supply from evga. But I'm stuck between the platinum version p2 which is a leadex I or the newer G3 version which is a gold leadex ii.

I'm stuck between the two and would love some advice!

Thanks again.

Man of Honour
You can't really go wrong with either of them. Both are amongst the best psu's that you can buy today. The G3 which is based on the Leadex II platform is just a tweaked Leadex platform. If it was G2 against G3 I would take the G3 but the P2 is already the more efficient platform anyway. Here are a couple of reviews that may help you make a choice. EVGA Supernova G3 750w review and EVGA Supernova P2 750w review.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys for your input.

I have gone away and done my research, but was not an easy one!

Out of the p2 and g3 i agreed with you pastymuncher and chose the p2 as at the end of the day it is a platinum psu. Lee32uk thats a cracking deal but i kinda got my heart set on platinum now and with the price of a 850w p2 i mentioned below its a no brainer for me!

However, i did a bit more reading and found that with me drawing 550/600w from the wall that the 850w p2's efficiency curve fits my setup a lot more than the 750w p2 efficiency curve. And here is the good part...i found the 850w p2 at the same price of a 750w p2. So its a no brainier as its more future proof and efficient.

Thanks for all your help guys!

Back
Top Bottom