• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3/SC2 iCX Preorder 3.28.2017

OcUK Staff
<---- Checks post count

Hrmmm.... not all forum members do. But I'll wait for OCUK next week just the same.

Fair enough. :)
Though posting to meet criteria is not hard as we don't expect 1000's of post or you posting several times per day, but of course its not for everyone. :)

LHM

LHM

Associate
Different credit cards give different rates which probably update on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, but Paypal is always massively below the real rate. Try different cards to see what rate they are using!

it will only let me pay via PayPal.

Soldato
Benny boy, can you advise when the likes of a hydro copper preblocked might show up? Having been part of the 1080 FTW saga I'm kinda on the fence with the cost of blocks etc. MSI Seahawk seems reasonable basically and you're very much last to the party with half a range.

If it's off topic sorry Gibbo, trust me or something instead. Cheers.

Soldato
hmmm hey gibbo, if i was to dicide to get 2x FTW3 cards from OCUK right now could you sort my order for me ????
i have 2x £860 cards being made for me with waterblocks and back plates.... if i was to change them could you do it ?

Soldato
OP
Hope it's not because I live in Scotland. Still though - the pre-order price being cheaper, the card having 2 HDMIs and the cooler looking decent as well as the customer support makes this the card of choice for me over the 1080ti Strix.

Don't know? Glad I bought the FTW3 instead of the Strix.

1080 FTW3 SOLD OUT in the US. I'm sure the EU isn't far behind.

Associate
Benny boy, can you advise when the likes of a hydro copper preblocked might show up? Having been part of the 1080 FTW saga I'm kinda on the fence with the cost of blocks etc. MSI Seahawk seems reasonable basically and you're very much last to the party with half a range.

If it's off topic sorry Gibbo, trust me or something instead. Cheers.

We will announce further cards in due course. I am in the US with the whole global team next week so should get more info then.

Thanks
Ben

Associate
What is the EVGA software like (assuming they have any)? I've been using Asus GPU tweak II for a while now, and I got used to it, but I can't help but think there can be others that do it better.

Soldato
they must have sold out of FTW3 in EU also as i cant get through to paying. When i remove it from basket and try and pre order the SC2 it takes me through to payment.

Associate
Hi all

What Gibbo says is 100% accurate, all I will add as a reminder is pre-order is limited and special prices. All pre-orders regardless of OCUK or EVGA store shall be fulfilled first before any other shipping. Take advantage of this special pricing on EVGA pre-order. Once it is gone it is gone! Sure April 17th and May 1st will come quick.

We just had a few final details to iron out and then expect pre-order at OCUK next week.

Ben

Like I said and Ben has confirmed, it would be hugely appreciated if you wait for OcUK please,

We will announce further cards in due course. I am in the US with the whole global team next week so should get more info then.

Thanks
Ben

I'm not used to ordering component stuff on pre-order, so I'm asking questions with a tinge of uncertainty...

If the card is already sold out in the US (assuming the EU is going the same way) then has stock already been allocated to OverclockersUK? Or how quickly does new stock come on-stream? I understand that that I can pre-order from OCUK next week, but how far along the queue after 1st May will last-minute pre-order deliveries actually be if stock is running out the door so quickly?

Associate
I'm not used to ordering component stuff on pre-order, so I'm asking questions with a tinge of uncertainty...

If the card is already sold out in the US (assuming the EU is going the same way) then has stock already been allocated to OverclockersUK? Or how quickly does new stock come on-stream? I understand that that I can pre-order from OCUK next week, but how far along the queue after 1st May will last-minute pre-order deliveries actually be if stock is running out the door so quickly?

First stocks will be shipped to Overclockers and preferred partners at around the same time as the EVGA store customers. The store stock maybe a a couple of days ahead as it located in NL where we bring the units into Europe. Best thing to do is get an early pre-order in at your preferred partner of choice.

Demand is very high as I am sure you can appriciate, pre-orders everywhere will be cleared first before other stocks are shipped.

Ben

Associate
First stocks will be shipped to Overclockers and preferred partners at around the same time as the EVGA store customers. The store stock maybe a a couple of days ahead as it located in NL where we bring the units into Europe. Best thing to do is get an early pre-order in at your preferred partner of choice.

Demand is very high as I am sure you can appriciate, pre-orders everywhere will be cleared first before other stocks are shipped.

Ben

Thanks for the answer. I'm sure a day or two will be neither here nor there, but I guess an early pre-order via OCUK is the only way to be certain. Given demand, and not knowing when the pre-order will open, not knowing if your order will fall in the first batch for delivery or not.... it's all very uncertain. Will I even know what my estimated delivery date from OCuk will be once I've placed my order? Or just sometime after 1st May. Is this just the joy of pre-ordering? Perhaps I should go find my slippers and prepare a cup of horlics, this entire process seems a bit.... frantic.

Associate
Folks a bit of advice please, the room I use the pc in is quite toasty and I'm looking to get one of the EVGA cards.
So my questions are:

a) Are these coolers any good and are they the ICX ones?
b) FAO Gibbo will the pre order cards include the ones with the ICX coolers?
c) Last of all, is there any benefit in getting the FTW3 over the normal cards?

Thanks

Soldato
SC2 and FTW3 are ICX the black edition is not.

FTW3 has different power delivery and is a larger card with more cooling so one would "expect" it to be a better clocker.

Back
Top Bottom