1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EVGA P2 850W Platinum

Discussion in 'Power Supplies' started by Swagger187, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Swagger187

Wise Guy

I'm after some opinions on whether the above PSU I am looking into will be sufficient to run the following:

EKWB pump/res combo 140
    2 x 980Ti SC+
    6 fans
    3 X SSDs

From what I have read it should be fine but some opinions from people that are more up on their psu's than me would be great

2. PanMaster

Wise Guy

The power output is more than sufficient but it's only a mediocre PSU.
    The fan whines. The plastic mouldings are very sharp and difficult to connect. The cables are quite bulky and inflexible. The MB and CPU power cables aren't long enough for my case and might break under so much force.
    My previous PSU had stealth cables which were so much better.

3. Swagger187

Wise Guy

Thanks for the input mate I will have a nosey around

4. pastymuncher

Man of Honour

Are you for real? Mediocre? The EVGA G2/G3/P2/T2 units are amongst the best platforms currently available. These reviews prove what a excellent psu the 850w P2 is, Jonnyguru, Hexus, Toms Hardware.

5. Swagger187

Wise Guy

I read reviews on the P2 which made me go for it in the first place. I have a 650W gold EVGA currently and has been great but won't be enough for when I get my second card.

6. Blackjack Davy

Wise Guy

Eh? Mine doesn't whine at all. The cables are no better or worse than any others I've had.

7. Heinz57

Gangster

Maybe you're thinking of a different PSU? Have the 750w version, seems solid and got decent reviews. Haven't noticed any whining, the fan isn't especially quiet, but it rarely activates and only then for a short time. Cables are fine, as good as any other model I've owned.

8. ChugNorris

OcUK Staff

Pretty sure PanMaster must be mixing it up with another model. The P2 is an excellent unit.