• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA RMA for coil whine

Soldato
Picked up an EVGA 780 ti that has some real bad coil whine, it's there all the time no matter what fps, very intrusive.

What are the chances of EVGA accepting it for RMA? I know these boards have some EVGA reps maybe you guys can help.

Soldato
OP
EVGA warranty is there in black and white, warranty goes by the cards serial not owner. I'm not looking for an upgrade a repair or a direct replacement will do which I stated to their CS.

I have had many EVGA cards all of which have been registered with them I even have their PSU so I feel I have every right to request an RMA for what is real awful coil whine which I'm sure they will test and agree with.

Soldato
OP
And that's why you buy EVGA, their CS response time is the best I have ever experienced.

Mine is set for Germany via UPS and that is why it will be great having EVGA CS in the UK, quicker turn around and cheaper postage.

Soldato
OP
All good mate, still be quicker and cheaper.

An update on the rma, they got my whiner yesterday and EVGA shipped the replacement today so cracking service.

Will update on how it is, hopefully its been tested for bad coil whine and any other issues especially if it's a refurb.

Back
Top Bottom